Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Period pains on patch  (Read 1465 times)

ATB

Re: Period pains on patch
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:06 PM »

I am still on patches, I like them overall although a bit sore during my period. Better for me than the gel. When taking Utrogestan I have bloating and less energy but I’m generally almost there I think. I am applying Androfemme early in the morning so that’s improved my day too. It’s been 8 months on HRT and 2 months since I’ve been on the 50 patch. So I guess a few months before we decide if this is right or needs tweaking. I read something about how many menopausal women grow and use THC!! For pain and mood stabilisation. Blessed is pricey, that’s the only thing. There’s heaps of choice though.

laszla

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2022, 10:29:55 PM »

Interesting Nas, I had killer cramps during last two months when I was switched to Estradot from Oestrogel (am now returning to the latter).

Nas

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2022, 08:20:56 AM »

Yes laszla, Estradot give me awful cramps too. I can’t tolerate them.

Nas

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2022, 09:55:28 AM »

Christ the cramps are as strong as ever and the patch has been off for 48 hours. What is going on? Where is this bleed?  :-\

ATB

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2022, 12:52:22 PM »

Oh god that’s awful Nas. I don’t understand enough to help you, but this is such a crazy thing trying to understand our periods while we take HRT. Mine comes before Utrogestan so I always wonder, should I just take for 12 days or the full 14 they say? Why take it if you’re bleeding? Why did it take 6 days after I stopped Utrogestan to bleed a couple of times? It’s so hard to understand.

Nas

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2022, 01:39:29 PM »

I’m with you ATB, you need a degree to fathom it all out ! It’s one of THE most complex situations I’ve ever had to contemplate!

I thought in peri, the bleed was meant to come after you stopped utrogestan? I guess as long as you get the bleed, you are okay? No point taking if you are bleeding.

Time to grow some THC I think!

Nas

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 07:55:37 AM »

Bleed has arrived!28 days from last one.
So patch makes me bleed still.
Let’s hope the Mirena sorts this out!
🤞🤞🤞

ATB

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2022, 12:38:23 PM »

Hope you’re feeling ok today Nas. Had you stopped menstruating before you started HRT? When you say patches make you bleed, is that what you mean? I’m still menstruating but it was all over the place and heavy and over more days than normal before I started HRT. Now it’s much lighter and regular, although not after I stop Utrogestan as I expected, it comes on very slowly during the Utrogestan phase, almost like dust at first and then spot bleeding and maybe 2 days of a normal bleed. I guess I’m naturally having changing periods as I move toward them ending altogether- which I can’t wait to happen!!

Nas

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2022, 04:13:40 PM »

Hi ATB,
Yes feeling okay today, much better.

The ridiculous thing is, that the bleed  ( which is next to nothing ) doesn’t equate to the pain and pmt which I was experiencing ( unless I’m in for a bloodbath tomorrow on day 3).

I’m feeling slightly baffled.

Yes, I was 27 months no period before HRT.

Sounds like your periods are changing too then.
Pages: 1 [2]