Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel over the counter in Europe without prescription - please add  (Read 2624 times)

kdee69

Hi. i thought i’d start a thread so people could report which European countries you could by Oestrogel over the counter without a prescription. Given the horrendous shortage in UK, it would be good to know in case any of us are travelling.
Please reply if you know any

Marchlove

Hi All

Sorry I don’t know which countries do but I think it’s very very interesting that it’s available this way in some parts of Europe and they don’t have any shortage’s!

I wonder why not?? X

kdee69

ok. I’ll actually start. I’ve just bought Oestrodose which is the French branded name for our Oestrogel. I’m trying to post a photo. I’m in La Rochelle, France. if someone could advise how I would. it cost me 5.94 euro!!!! no prescription. Not sure whether she should have seen one
 but she was totally chill in the pharmacy. I am almost crying with relief. I’ve also seen that some women have said that some of their symptoms returned when given Oestrodose versus Oestrogel. There’s a good article here https://www.menopausalnotmad.co.uk/blog/2020/09/09/oestrodose-v-oestrogel-whats-the-problem/ which states it could be due to the temperature of storgate conditions. Others have said it works fine. So all I’m doing is reporting that I got it dirt cheap and I currently have to weigh the “potential” difference ( which may not affect me) with the fact that I cannot get Oestrogel or Sandrena for love nor money. So being without it for me,  is WAY worse than trying this. Any way, there you have it. Hope it’s helpful for someone.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:21:07 AM by kdee69 »

laszla

In Italy I've bought estrogel and utrogestan otc a few times - can't remember the cost as mostly I'm in the UK

Dada39

ok. I’ll actually start. I’ve just bought Oestrodose which is the French branded name for our Oestrogel. I’m trying to post a photo. I’m in La Rochelle, France. if someone could advise how I would. it cost me 5.94 euro!!!! no prescription. Not sure whether she should have seen one
 but she was totally chill in the pharmacy. I am almost crying with relief. I’ve also seen that some women have said that some of their symptoms returned when given Oestrodose versus Oestrogel. There’s a good article here https://www.menopausalnotmad.co.uk/blog/2020/09/09/oestrodose-v-oestrogel-whats-the-problem/ which states it could be due to the temperature of storgate conditions. Others have said it works fine. So all I’m doing is reporting that I got it dirt cheap and I currently have to weigh the “potential” difference ( which may not affect me) with the fact that I cannot get Oestrogel or Sandrena for love nor money. So being without it for me,  is WAY worse than trying this. Any way, there you have it. Hope it’s helpful for someone.

Hello There, that s gpod news! Am French living in France and at ly pharmacy they Always ask for the prescription !!!