Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel in hand luggage?  (Read 4226 times)

alibeau

Oestrogel in hand luggage?
« on: May 09, 2022, 09:46:54 AM »

Hi Ladies,

Hoping to get away on holiday at the end of June.  Am I able to take my Oestrogel in my hand luggage? I would need to take two bottles...

I know we can take a small zip lock with liquids in but not sure if there is a limit on the amount of liquids and/or zip lock bags?

Thanks in advance.

Ali x

florriepeck

Re: Oestrogel in hand luggage?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »

As far as I know, it’s one bag with no more than 100 ml in each container, maximum 1000ml. Check your airline’s website. Watching with interest as I’ll be travelling with testosterone gel, only a 50 ml tube but do we need proof of our prescription?

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 10:30:22 AM »

I was fine with my bottles of oestrogel and tube of testim in my ziplock. No questions were asked. The oestrogel is 80 ml so below the 100 per bottle limit

alibeau

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 02:00:41 PM »

Brill, thanks both  :)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 02:13:22 PM »

You should take medication in hand luggage. Last time I travelled (many moons ago  :() it was advised to take a prescription. No problem leaving UK but the egyptians thought they were going to confiscate it. And prescriptions don't help when they can't read English. They eventually let me keep it but confiscated my dangerous looking piece of string instead. Enjoy your holiday.

alibeau

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »

Yes, I would be literally terrified to let my Oestrogel out of my sight  ;D

I was going to stick a copy of my latest repeat prescriptions paperwork in, would that suffice?

Now I've just got to try and source and build up enough stock to see me through!!!

Thanks Sheila99!

Ali x

kdee69

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 06:50:44 AM »

don’t want to be debbie downer here, but when I last travelled at Manchester airport, the oestrogel wouldn’t fit in the stupid little plastic bag and they told me i couldn’t take it. I was, and I’m not kidding here, hysterical. They had to take me to a side room. It was actually ridiculous. I didn’t of course have a letter saying it was an official medication I needed. Anyway, cut a long story short, a lovely older woman ( I bet she was on HRT!!!) came over and literally squeezed the bottle ( not contents, minus cap) into the bag and managed -albeit barely, seal the bloody bag shut. I know you should never travel with it in hold luggage and I know luggage goes missing but next time, I’d either take the risk or get a letter from my doctor saying it’s an approved med. I couldn’t risk that again.

alibeau

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 10:17:47 AM »

Hi,

I have done a trial run! I can just about get the two bottles of gel into the ziplock bag, it’s tight but they do go in.

I intended to take a copy of my repeat prescription….

I will also try to get my stocks of gel up so that I could perhaps also put two bottles in my suitcase as backup….

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear you had such a rough experience.

Ali x

lizzog

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 07:44:24 AM »

I had mine confiscated en route to France a few years back now.  I went into total meltdown and they let me decant a small amount into a deodorant lid  ;D  I then managed to buy some over the counter to use whilst I was over there  8)

kdee69

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »

I think customs have underestimated the meltdown capacity of a woman going through the menopause… ;D