Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Side effects - utrogestan or oestrogen  (Read 782 times)

Ecl

Side effects - utrogestan or oestrogen
« on: May 09, 2022, 07:13:02 AM »

Hello,
I am 50, started peri many years ago, last year started sandrena 0.5 and utrogestan sequentially, before starting cycle had lengthened and could be up to 3 months.
For the first 4 ish months I had bloating and tummy pains continuously, whether on utrogestan or not. These were really bad, sometimes I couldn’t stand up and I dreaded getting out of bed. Then suddenly they stopped. I continued with the HRT. It doesn’t always give a bleed, I can still go 3 months without, and when I do it’s usually during he utrogestan stage and not after. Last bleed I stopped taking the utrogestan when it started to see if that would kick in to my cycle again. It didn’t, so at the next round of utrogestan I tried to take it for 14 instead of 12 days, no difference, however, since about day 10 on the utrogestan I have started with the abdominal pain again, and it has again continued all the way through the cycle, I am due to start utrogestan again tonight but don’t know if I can face it. I have looked up using it vaginally but already have bladder issues so dont want to make that worse.
A couple of months ago, I noticed some of the symptoms of meno that had improved had started to return. Back to hot flushes, early morning anxiety wakening etc and so I have an appointment with gp on Thursday and wondering what to do, is this the utrogestan or the oestrogen ( it’s still there two weeks after stopping utrogestan)? Is it my fault for messing with the utrogestan? Can I delay the utrogestan until spoken with gp? Should I ask to try a different system eg sequii patches or just keep on as utrogestan and sandrena are highly regarded?
Many thanks for all your advice, both here and on all the older threads I’ve read.