Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changes in HRT like everyone!  (Read 927 times)

3isenough

Changes in HRT like everyone!
« on: May 07, 2022, 07:13:41 AM »

I’ve been reading through others but maybe I just need my own rant..

I Started HRT in 2018 aged 40 with estradot 100 and levels were good at 500 ish after 6 months. Then I became reactive to the all the patches I could try in summer 2019 so swopped to estrogel 4 pumps and levels stayed ok I think but I don’t have results... and then pandemic so bloods have been non existent or erratic since but I started to struggle with the gel irritating my skin so varied where I put it. Was down to alternate shins being the only bearable place.. then had a TAH and BSO in Nov 2020. No bloods taken since then until March 2022 by which time my oestradiol was under 200.

I sourced Lenzetto for 3 canisters so about 6/7 weeks through online prescription but didn’t feel much different on 4 sprays and then took a test, but bloods were screwed as supposedly contaminated as it was finger **** test.

I’ve since run out of Lenzetto and started sandrena 2 sachets per day yesterday. Had the worse night in ages with sweats etc. so reading here maybe I should be on 3 although all the conversion charts suggest 2 but seem to only compare sandrena to 50 patches. But clearly it is not enough. I’m so frustrated and just want to be able to get back to the right level of oesradiol. Alongside this I have chronically low testosterone which after 2 years on 1/7 sachet I’m just in range. Can’t see my meno consultant despite calling regularly. GP not interested. And I can’t find a private clinic to see me either.

All compounded in the last year by relentless migraine/vestibular problems which may be estrogel related or related to a concussion last summer.

I feel like a cat chasing too many tails and someone put a paper bag over my head with the brain fog descending again.

Is it correct the implant only compares to a 50 patch? What other options are there?

Nas

Re: Changes in HRT like everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 07:48:39 AM »

If you find the answer, please let me know!
It’s the worse kind of Hell ever, all of this.
I feel we are left to our own devices half the time!

Maybe start a new thread re the implant?

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 12:43:56 PM »

What strength are your Sandrena sachets? I'm thinking if prior your op you needed 100mg to get your oestrogen levels up to a good amount, chances are you need somewhat more after your oophorectomy. I have had the same operation as you. I feel my best when I take 5 pumps of oestrogel split morning and night and likewise I take testim to last a week. Depending on which strength of Sandrena you are on, you  can calculate how many would need compared to 100mg and then as I say I would think you need a bit more now. 

3isenough

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 08:39:30 PM »

Thanks Gnatty that makes sense although I don’t think my ovaries were making much estrogen before the op. But the lack of bloods has made working it all out so much more difficult. I guess it could well be they were supplementing a bit. I’ll try 3 sandrena sachets. 1 in the morning and start with 2 tonight! might help my sleep! I am on the 1mg sachets. I just need to find a reasonable GP to up my dosage going forwards if it works.

Sazzle42115

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 08:46:59 AM »

Hi I'm having 2x25 for my implant you can get up to 100 but they start at 50

3isenough

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 09:56:51 PM »

Oo thanks Sazzle. I still need to find a clinic who can do it. Hopefully the sandrena will work and I can continue on this for a while!