Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: post menopausal constipation.........Aagh......  (Read 2971 times)

Splendid

Re: post menopausal constipation.........Aagh......
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2022, 10:09:03 AM »

Just been reading my Thyroid Uk Harmony magazine where it has a big article on magnesium.
It’s says Magnesium Citrate for constipation.
Magnesium Glycinate for sleep.
Magnesium Malate for energy. So I suppose you take that one in the morning?
The magnesium citrate has worked wonders for me!
Other stuff it says on magnesium.
Responsible for more than 300 metabolic processes in the body.
No point having a blood test as only 1% is in the blood, the rest is in bones and soft tissue.
Magnesium contributes to bone density. Without magnesium, vitamin D is stored in the body is not used. The body depends on magnesium to convert Vitamin D to its active form which enables the absorption of calcium to protect bone.
Hypothyroidism has been linked to mineral deficiencies including magnesium.

Hi I found this very interesting. I have user active thyroid. 7 years post menopause and currently
On oestrogen gel and urostogen tablet. I get very constipated. I poop pellets not proper poops. I use senna now and again bit at the moment doesn’t seem to be working. I was interested in reading about the magnesium citrate but when I looked it
Up it says shouldn’t take for more than a week? Has anyone/is anyone using magnesium citrate? Any advice
On how long to take? I’m willing to give it a try but in a way don’t want it to be a success then be Olin able to continue with the magnesium citrate - thanks

Marchlove

Re: post menopausal constipation.........Aagh......
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 11:31:58 AM »

I use solgar magnesium citrate which is only 67mg of elemental magnesium so that’s a low dose. Might go down to one soon.
Look at the reviews on Amazon over 5,800.
I think the problem would be when you take too high a dose for too long x
Pages: 1 [2]