Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Period pains on patch  (Read 1464 times)

Nas

Period pains on patch
« on: May 06, 2022, 06:51:48 AM »

Hi all,
Well I had to make the switch from oral back to my 75 patch HRT, due to ongoing bladder issues which wouldn't settle on femeston. Now, as predicted, I’m plagued with god awful period pains. Had these for almost a week and painkillers are not touching the sides.

I rather think patches give me period pains in general ,as I experience the same with Estradot ( I’m on evorel).

I’ve also got an appointment coming up for a Mirena fitting soon and have read some horror stories about that too! I know I shouldn’t be feeling so negative but I’m scared, in case I feel worse, as seem to be sensitive to hormones.

Today I feel like ripping the patch off, but what to replace it with?

Oh and I’ve got a trapped nerve in my arm..just to add insult to injury.

Life! 🤦‍♀️

Kathleen

Re: Period pains on patch
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 08:53:05 AM »

Hello Nas.

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles and my heart goes out to you.

Will the person fitting your coil be able to advise you on a different delivery method of Oestrogen? Is an implant an option? Perhaps they can also guarantee a swift removal of the coil if it doesn't suit you?

I am sure there are many success stories and hopefully some ladies here will be along to support you.

Wishing you well and sending hugs.

K.

Nas

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 12:35:49 PM »

I have no idea any longer Kathleen.
Gynae said my womb is still "active" what ever that means?
Is that because of the HRT or not, I don't know.

The only way to truly know, is to come off HRT now.

On day 26 since my last bleed on HRT and I am full of cramps and I just think HRT makes me bleed, full stop.

If the mirena doesn't agree, I will have to come off HRT for sure.

It's just a complete minefield to me.

How are you today? x

VictoryV

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 01:06:22 PM »

Keep going Nas!

You can’t live sitting on the loo for the rest of your days! If the patch is reducing the bathroom visits then stick with it. The Mirena will sort the bleeding. Don’t give up! X

Nas

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 01:21:48 PM »

I know Victoria, but the cramps and pms symptoms are horrific.
 It’s like swapping one set of misery for another!

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 01:41:10 PM »

How many days away is the Mirena fitting?

Nas

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 01:45:43 PM »

13 days

VictoryV

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 02:03:07 PM »

Assuming you’re not taking hols and work Monday to Friday that’s 8 more working days with a weekend roughly in the middle. Can you delegate husband/partner/kids/friends/neighbours to do absolutely everything for you so that you can get time to focus on you?
Or can you escape to a peaceful place, like a hotel or a friend’s house who is on holiday etc?

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2022, 02:15:12 PM »

In a month's time you'll be back here telling us the mirena is the best thing since sliced bread. Hopefully. I know you're worried about it but the vast majority who use it are absolutely fine.

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2022, 02:38:14 PM »

Agree with Sheila, I wish I’d had one fitted from the beginning!

Nas

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 02:58:11 PM »

Yes I am hoping it will work. It’s the fear of the unknown i think and knowing how sensitive I am to these hormones.

No option of escaping just yet Victoria, I am one for pushing through the tough times and keeping distracted.

Sheila,  I do hope you are right re: the coil. It’s either going to be my savior or my demon!

ATB

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2022, 03:04:37 PM »

Sorry to hear you don’t feel great. I also get PMS on the patch, I never had cramps all my life until perimenopause. It sounds like yours are severe though, I can cope with mine with CBD & hot water bottles and I find exercise can help too. I’m sorry I can’t offer any wisdom to you.

Nas

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »

Thanks ATB,
It’s okay, not long until my coil fitting now. Just having one of those “ meh” days.

Out of curiosity, what CBD do you take? I’ve bought one from CBD brothers and quite like it.

Will dig the hot water bottle out and get an get an early night tonight  I think.

ATB

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2022, 04:42:56 PM »

I meant to say heated pack/bag, I stopped using hot water bottles after one started splitting as I was using it! My dad told me this story of one bursting on his sister that used to scare me but then it happened!
I haven’t tried CBD brothers, I’ll check it out. Blessed is a popular one and I think it’s good, I cannot recall all of them but Ive tried different ones. I saw a great cooking show with them using both CBD & THC in amazing food, like a typical cooking show but with a twist. It was so weird!! Some of the products are pricey if we could add dried herb to food that would be cool!

Nas

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2022, 05:29:19 PM »

That’s enough to put you off using a hot water bottle then, isn’t it! Ouch!

Just looked at blessed, quite pricey, but they are doing a deal with 25% off and a free tub of gummies. I may be tempted!

What regime are you on now then ATB?
I’m kind of thinking patches don’t suit me after all.

Maybe we all need a bit of THC! Perhaps davina could raise it on TV!
Pages: [1] 2