Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vagifem dosage cycle  (Read 4005 times)

Jules

Re: Vagifem dosage cycle
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 06:17:57 PM »

My lab result shows no infection so I've to have a physical exam tomorrow. I'm so worried.

pepperminty

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 07:17:10 PM »

Not all infections show on a lab result,  you could still have a UTI.

Or it could be VA causing the symptoms . Have a look on the Newson website and join The closed vaginal atrophy group on Face Book. The ladies there are very knowledgeable on all down below issues and can point you in the right direction.

Vagifem can cause irritation. I would also go to a GUM clinic as they have test facilities on site as some vaginal conditions can cause an irritated bladder , as can stress.  Cytolitic vaginosis can cause bladder issues.

Try not to worry. It will get sorted once they find the cause.

PMXX 

Jules

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 07:21:45 PM »

Not all infections show on a lab result,  you could still have a UTI.

Or it could be VA causing the symptoms . Have a look on the Newson website and join The closed vaginal atrophy group on Face Book. The ladies there are very knowledgeable on all down below issues and can point you in the right direction.

Vagifem can cause irritation. I would also go to a GUM clinic as they have test facilities on site as some vaginal conditions can cause an irritated bladder , as can stress.  Cytolitic vaginosis can cause bladder issues.

Try not to worry. It will get sorted once they find the cause.

PMXX

I guess so. I'm worried about the fact I've used estrogen. I did say I had pelvic pain. I've no faith in doctors at present

pepperminty

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2021, 06:56:52 AM »

Pelvic pain can be caused by lots of things and a tight pelvic floor ( which can be weak at the same time ) is one of them.  Try googling how to relax the pelvic floor with breathing . 

Why are you worried about using estrogen? The leaflet is for full HRT. They just haven't changed it. Such a small dose over a short time  may cause irritation to the tissues , but highly unlikely to have done you any harm.  Tell your GP what you are worried about and they hopefully will put your mind at rest. Better still look at all the pod casts on the Newson website over safety of local estrogen and HRT and that should put your mind at rest.

I hope you feel better soon.

PMXX

hereandthere

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2022, 07:46:15 AM »

hereandthere - could you quote the sources you have found that information from?

I had treatment for oestrogen dominant breast disease and my GP never hesitated in precripting VA treatment. Quality of Life is important.
I haven’t been around as I guess busy working combined with being resigned to using the Vagifem inserts. I’m not convinced they do a lot, and on searching found there was a 2018 study finding severe symptom alleviation no better than a placebo. Still I continue after my cancer scare, as it’s still relatively low risk versus systemic HRT and I feel like when I miss too long I feel ‘discomfort pangs’ outside of sex.
Here is an example of what you were asking me for- why I said ‘no risk’ is wrong to say for vagifem.
https://www.menopause.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/2020-gsm-ps.pdf

Jules

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2022, 10:06:25 AM »

I had examination and scan following a bleed after using vagifem for 4 months. All was normal but I've never resumed using it. My GP didn't follow up with me and I started using Replens which I've found helpful

hereandthere

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2022, 06:56:45 AM »

Thanks Jules
I’ve run out of Vagifem and so far after a couple of weeks notice not one iota of a difference. I’m very interested to hear if anybody knows of any later more positive studies.
Replens seems expensive here in SA but I will see if I can maybe try a similar vaginal moisturizer.
Pages: 1 2 [3]