Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Does anyone use more than 100mg estradot patch?  (Read 1582 times)

Happydayz

Does anyone use more than 100mg estradot patch?
« on: May 13, 2022, 12:36:03 PM »

Hello!

I’m currently using the Estradot 100mg patches and have been for 6 months -  my bloods show that the patches are absorbing well.

I have recently started testosterone which has had an amazing effect on some of my symptoms but I’m still having more ‘bad’ than ‘good’ days and suspect it’s the oestradiol that’s the underlying problem.

I’m just wondering if anyone uses more than 100mg? I was hoping by now that the number of bad days would have reduced and am at my wits’ end now!

Just weighing up whether to make an appointment with my menopause doctor to discuss or whether I’m wasting my money 😂

Thanks! Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does anyone use more than 100mg estradot patch?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 01:32:03 PM »

It may be suggested that you have a small increase in the patch, mayB send an e-mail to the Menopause Doctor?  It is best not to add too much too soon or the body may rebel!

Happydayz

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »

Thanks so much for the reply …… yes, I’ll drop her an email and see if she replies without me having to book an appointment …….which will take a while and cost money that should rightly be spent on wine or other such important stuff 😂

Am trying to work and failing miserably as having a pants meno day hence my desperation call out ………😂 Just assumed that after 6 months my oestrogen would be playing game if the patches were at the right strength! X

Rumbaba

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 05:07:17 AM »

Hi

Yes, I am on two 100mg patches. Blood tests show that I’ve stopped absorbing well.

Hope you get sorted

Happydayz

Progesterone intolerance anyone?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 08:10:19 PM »

Hi

Just to let you know my menopause doctor managed to fit me in for a quick chat and thinks I might have progesterone intolerance which is why my symptoms haven’t really improved …..who knew?????? 🤦‍♀️

She’s also agreed to increase Estrodot to 125mcg and feeling pretty rubbish at the moment but I’m hoping it’ll get better when I get used to the increased dose and take my utrogestan vaginally 🤞

Has anyone else had progesterone intolerance? If yes, did it take long for the symptoms to improve?

Thanks xx

ATB

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 06:57:26 AM »

Lots of women here have progesterone intolerance, if you do a search you’ll find all the discussions. Lots of us also have trouble during the phase we take progesterone and need slight adjustments then but not during the estrogen only weeks. Best of luck to you and I hope it helps

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 03:51:18 PM »

You might try taking on a cycle as you'll be able to tell which is the problem. Personally if you blood levels are good I'd do that before increasing as it may be that 125 is too much. If you want to do it this way it's 200mg for 12 days per cycle. Using it vaginally usually sorts out digestive problems but possibly not other symptoms. I get fatigue on it and use it on a long cycle (6 weeks) to get more 'good' time. Symptoms have reduced but only because I rarely produce my own progesterone now and it's better on these cycles.

Happydayz

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 08:57:47 PM »

Thanks so much ladies - really appreciate it!!!! X