Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Lost new job  (Read 855 times)

Bubbles1

• First Flush
Lost new job
« on: May 03, 2022, 02:12:01 PM »

Hi lovely ladies

First time on here. Have been trying to sort out HRT for over 2 years now. The doctor has put me on patches, which helped with the sweats, but everything else still there. I have tried to speak to the doctor and spoke about needing estrogen, but they don't listen. I started a new job last Oct, lots of computer work, I was taking in the knowledge and was answering questions but when I had to put it all together I couldn't do it, I felt I had some kind of dementia, so the long and short is I lost the job in January. So it has left me in a horrible situation, no job struggling for money, and still nothing to help with the menopause cx

Flossieteacake

Re: Lost new job
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 02:52:13 PM »

Hello Bubbles and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you lost your new job. That must have been very upsetting. When you say you are on patches, which ones are you on? Patches should contain some oestrogen. I think it would help to ask your GP to refer you to a menopause clinic. It sounds like the GP is not knowledgeable about HRT and you could do with a tweak to what you are currently taking.

My memory and ability to take in information has become much worse due to menopause so I sympathise with you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 03:06:28 PM »

Hi!  Did U watch Davina's programme last night, there was a piece about how a loss of hormones can cause 'brain fog'.

Browse round.  make notes.  As suggested, ask your GP to refer you to an NHS Menopause Clinic - not a gynaecologist as they often have no more idea about HRT than GPs  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 03:07:24 PM »

Hi Bubbles. How upsetting for you. I agree with Flossieteacake that you may benefit from a referral to a menopause clinic. Which patches are you on? As Flossieteacake says if they are HRT patches they should contain oestrogen. If you let us know we may be able to advise further.

You will find lots of help and understanding on here. You have come to the right place.

Taz x  :welcomemm: