Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on evorel conti  (Read 893 times)

Elainekeno

• First Flush
Bleeding on evorel conti
« on: May 04, 2022, 03:29:35 PM »

Hi, please can anyone help. I'm 46, been peri menopausal for 6 years. I recently changed after 12 months of evorel Sequi to evorel conti. Since change I have been bleeding ever 2 weeks with horrific back pain, stomach cramps, pro longed bleed lasting 5-7 days, fresh clots to start with, stomach bloating and general feeling exhausted with each period. I know conti says you can suffer spotting for upto 6 months but I'm not keen to continue with these 2 weekly periods. Has anyone had same issue with evorel conti....thanks so much  :)

Nas

Re: Bleeding on evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 04:42:27 PM »

Those bleeds sound grim   :-\
Why did you make the change from sequi to Conti? Are you post menopausal now ( 12 months no bleed)

I would either revert back to sequi or find a new regime. You will be wiped out with bleeding every two weeks otherwise. I really don’t understand bleeding with a Conti regime, as there is meant to be sufficient progesterone in the patch/ tablet etc and norethisterone is meant to be good at controlling bleeding, which is what is in the evorel Conti patch.

Elainekeno

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 07:06:33 PM »

I know can't understand it either. I was switching from Sequi to conti so I didn't have anymore bleeds.....I know ironic!!

Nas

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 07:24:19 PM »

If you are not post menopausal, you will continue to  have these frequent bleeds I think .
That said, Conti does have a reputation for causing bleeding in some women.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 10:05:35 PM »

Nas is right, unless you use a mirena if you're not meno you will still bleed on a conti regime. Hrt works with your body, it doesn't take over in the way the contraceptive pill does. It might be worth asking for a scan in case there's another reason for like fibroids.

AnneS

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:40:30 AM »

Hi … I’ve been on conti for 6 months and my bleeding is just starting to settle . I only bled lightly but like you , every other week ( like clockwork 😩). I was referred for a scan which showed slight womb thickening and I am having a biopsy tomorrow to check for nothing untoward. I feel reassured having had advice on here that this is quite common but should it not settle completely my gp has suggested the Mirena coil .

Elainekeno

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 09:25:47 PM »

Thanks that's all really helpful information Nas and Sheila.
Anne hope your biopsy goes well tomorrow.