Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Not been on for a while  (Read 1656 times)

Pennyfarthing

Not been on for a while
« on: May 02, 2022, 03:57:03 PM »

Not been on for a while but expected to find stuff on here about the HRT shortages but can’t find a thing!

A couple of months ago the GP took me off my HRT pills (kliovance) and back onto Evorel Conti patches because kliovance were difficult to get and also because patches were safer she said.  I hadn’t felt brilliant on Kliovance anyway as they were very low dose so these patches are higher strength and I do feel much better.

The patches just would not stick and kept crumpling up and falling off even though I cleaned my leg thoroughly etc.  I nearly gave up and spoke to GP who suggested micropore tape but that didn’t work either.  She said she would look at gels for me but couldn’t get any.

I did some googling myself and found clear film patches that go over the HRT patch and are superb!  They are called Tegaderm film dressings and the size you need is 6cm x 7 cm which just overlaps the HRT patch and sticks beautifully. I bought mine on Ebay but you can get them on Amazon and other places too.
I have had no problems since using them. I messaged the GP in case other ladies have the same problem and she thanked me as she didn’t know about them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Not been on for a while
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 07:33:51 PM »

Tnx.  I was thinking about you last week  ::)

There is a shortages thread on the Forum somewhere ....... there's also a programme with Davina at 9.00 p.m. this evening.

Jellyb

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 09:21:36 AM »

Hi
I'm on Evorel Conti and I've always put them on my butt cheek.  They always stick, never had any problems.  I've never even considered putting them anywhere else!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 01:11:16 PM »

Hi
I'm on Evorel Conti and I've always put them on my butt cheek.  They always stick, never had any problems.  I've never even considered putting them anywhere else!

It says on the leaflet you can stick them on anywhere below the waist obviously avoiding your hairy area! 🤣. I do the outside of either thigh because I have a tender back and twisting to put one on my backside is not good.