Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Eyes and Oestrogel (green vs amber!)….  (Read 847 times)

alibeau

Eyes and Oestrogel (green vs amber!)….
« on: May 03, 2022, 11:36:50 AM »

Hi ladies,

I do suffer with dry eyes generally, always have wetting drops or gel on hand.

I was very settled on three pumps of ‘amber’ oestrogel but had been experiencing some return of symptoms when using the ‘green’ gel.

I upped my dose to three and a half pumps when using green and then gradually increased to four pumps and I felt pretty good on this dose.

However whilst on four pumps (green) as the day went on my eyes would become more sore to the point where I felt it was just easier to have an early night and give them a rest.

I have now just started a bottle of amber and so have reduced down to three pumps, I have the odd flush at nighttime creeping in (I can cope with that) but my eyes feel a bit better….

So as we know it’s all a very fine balancing act of which symptoms we can live with etc as well as balancing the whole green/amber problem but I just wondered if it was a known issue that too much Oestrogen can cause sore dry eyes? Or was it a coincidence. Was I possibly having too much on four pumps of green?

I’m just curious as my eyes are feeling much better. I think i will stick with three and a half pumps when on green, three of amber….

Just wondered if anyone else suffered with dry eye issues?

Thanks

Ali x

Louise2010

Re: Eyes and Oestrogel (green vs amber!)….
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 01:58:19 PM »

Hi Alibeau
I had this issue. As I understand it testosterone believe it or not has a role to play in eyes. Lack of it can cause dry sore eyes. There is a thread on this on here somewhere.
When I added my testosterone back in my issue went.

There is also something about oestrogen conversion to testosterone or the other way round? Sorry I’m not sure on that and it may or may not be relevant hoping someone else who knows will comment. Xx

alibeau

Re: Eyes and Oestrogel (green vs amber!)….
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 05:27:39 PM »

Thank you for your reply  :)

I think I need to go back to keeping a symptoms diary, mainly for my eyes just to see if there is any pattern…..

Thanks again.

Ali x