Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Loss of appetite  (Read 1469 times)

Curlygirl

Loss of appetite
« on: May 01, 2022, 07:04:16 PM »

Hi lovely ladies

Does anyone else suffering with anxiety/health anxiety have a loss of appetite?

I am really struggling at the moment to make sure that I eat enough each day.

Most days I can’t even face food of any kind until about 3pm.

I used to love cooking and now I have lost all interest in anything to do with food

Most days I try and make myself eat a certain number of calories but I know I’m definitely losing weight due to not eating enough. I just literally never feel hungry anymore

This weekend has not been helped by me losing a filling from a tooth and that is giving me some pain. Typical it’s a bank holiday so hopefully I’ll get that sorted once the dentist is open on Tuesday

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated

Much love to you all ❤️

Flossieteacake

Re: Loss of appetite
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 07:18:14 PM »

I am really sorry to hear you are feeling so anxious. Some people find liquids easier when they cannot face food. There are all sorts of special shakes and drinks which have calories in them for people who are not eating. I think Boots sell some too.

Curlygirl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »

Thank you flossieteacake I didn’t think of things like shakes. That might be a good idea. I shall have a look what I can find.

I do need to be gluten and dairy free so hopefully I can find something to suit me just to boost some calories

Been awful just lately the anxiety

Thank you for your support again ❤️

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 08:01:19 PM »

I am sure there will be vegan and gluten free ones available. I hope you find a flavour you like. :)

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 08:38:15 PM »

I am sure there will be vegan and gluten free ones available. I hope you find a flavour you like. :)

Thank you flossieteacake ❤️

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »

Hi hun I'm the same.
Dobt cook anything anymore...partner does it or takeaway.
Xxx

Curlygirl

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:04 AM »

Hi hun I'm the same.
Dobt cook anything anymore...partner does it or takeaway.
Xxx

Aww Vicky isn’t it horrible. I have to force myself to eat

I hope this all ends for us soon

Much love ❤️

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »

I know xxx

AJW71

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 10:39:23 AM »

I'm struggling too at the moment.   :'(

Utrogestan is making my stomach raw (and making me feel ill) and either the Utrogestan or Oestrogen gel is giving me ear pressure.... then the anxiety starts to take over, esp at night.

I already take Propranolol 4x a day for the anxiety, but last night it was so bad I had to resort to my "emergency 2mg diazepam", then went over to my lovely neighbour as he was still up at 23:30.  2nd diazepam finally kicked in and I got to sleep at about 4am.   :(

Totally fed up with the menopause and the HRT right now.   :'( :'( :'(

ATB

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 12:29:27 PM »

Yes I had this bad, I do have anxiety but I also have a thyroid issue and sometimes it was that since starting HRT my thyroid function improved and I had to take my meds down. Just to be sure, you may wish to do a quick thyroid check to make sure you’re not hyper, or over active. CBD might help  ;)

Curlygirl

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »

Yes I had this bad, I do have anxiety but I also have a thyroid issue and sometimes it was that since starting HRT my thyroid function improved and I had to take my meds down. Just to be sure, you may wish to do a quick thyroid check to make sure you’re not hyper, or over active. CBD might help  ;)

Had my thyroid levels checked in February and all was good then

Thanks for suggesting CBD, didn’t think of that

Curlygirl

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »

I'm struggling too at the moment.   :'(

Utrogestan is making my stomach raw (and making me feel ill) and either the Utrogestan or Oestrogen gel is giving me ear pressure.... then the anxiety starts to take over, esp at night.

I already take Propranolol 4x a day for the anxiety, but last night it was so bad I had to resort to my "emergency 2mg diazepam", then went over to my lovely neighbour as he was still up at 23:30.  2nd diazepam finally kicked in and I got to sleep at about 4am.   :(

Totally fed up with the menopause and the HRT right now.   :'( :'( :'(

Oh that sounds awful for you

My anxiety starts in the early hours and mornings are the worst although it never goes away

I’m not on any HRT at the moment and reading some of the issues with dose and side effects I’m not sure I want to try it again just now

Love and hugs to you and hope you find some relief soon xx

Curlygirl

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »

I know xxx

If only we knew when all this would end