Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy/ polyp removal  (Read 2540 times)

AKatieD

Hysteroscopy/ polyp removal
« on: May 20, 2022, 05:39:00 PM »

Is it just me?

Had a large endometrial and several large cervical polyps removed last Friday and the whole thing was fine without anaesthetic, albeit the most awkward experience.

When i got up from 'the' chair after, I felt all sorts of dizziness, nausea, palpitations, etc and a bit of discomfort, which has faded over the week.

Googling suggests I should've felt better by the next day. A week later I am mostly through it but still struggling to concentrate at work and still bleeding/ cramping a little.

Is it just me? Wondering if somehow it messes with your hormones (thyroid/sex) just having a few snipped/ ground out and that is why I feel off?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hysteroscopy/ polyp removal
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 06:17:44 PM »

STOP Googling ?!?!?

It is what it is.  The weather has been warmer.  There is a certain amount of anxiety prior to surgical intervention.  Did they take your BP afterwards?

Keep hydrated.  Get up and down from sitting slowly.  Stand B4 moving forwards. 

applejack

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 01:19:40 PM »

I felt pretty ropey after my hysteroscopy/biopsy/polyptectomy - I felt worse after the one I had without anaesthetic tbh, really shaky after that for quite a few days, felt like my lower bits had gone into shock!  It did wear off though.

AKatieD

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 02:43:06 PM »

Thanks, Applejack, that is reassuring to know

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 05:56:29 PM »

I think it's a definite shock to your system. It is an invasive procedure after all so I think how you felt is quite normal. I hope you are feeling better now.

Taz x  :hug:

AKatieD

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 12:11:04 AM »

Thanks Taz2.

It is nearly 3 weeks now and almost stopped bleeding, apart from when I exercise. This week I have felt back to normal and brain functioning for the first time.

Those gynae guidelines of feeling better in a day or two was what put me off when I felt unwell/ braindead/ very tired for much longer.

Gnatty

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 07:17:42 AM »

Those gynae guidelines have a lot to answer for. Eg it only takes 6 weeks to recover from a hysterectomy hahahahahahjah 🤨🤪