Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Perimenopause bleeding  (Read 1033 times)

Fed up

• First Flush
Perimenopause bleeding
« on: April 29, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »

Hi All,

My first post on this site and hoping to find that I’m not suffering this on my own. I’m 52 and still perimenopausal!  :'( :'(

I started HRT last May (Elleste Duet) and since then have tried two other types (Utrogestan and Oestrogel & Evorel patches).

Since starting the patches I have been spotting in between and for the last two months have been having on and off heavy bleeding and clots with no more than a two day break in between.

I’ve never experienced these symptoms before starting HRT. I contacted the GP who said as I have tried a number of HRT options which haven’t really helped, why don’t I try stopping.

Well I stopped my patches two weeks ago and whilst flushes have been mild I’m on day 12 of bleeding varying between nothing overnight to heavy throughout the day. Im so depressed with it all. I just need a decent break from periods.

I’m supposed to go on a long awaited beach holiday in June but am totally dreading it if this bleeding doesn’t get under control.

Has anyone else experienced this when stopping HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Perimenopause bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »

Morning,  :welcomemm:  How long did you try each regime for, sometimes it can take 4-8 months for the body to settle.  How were your periods behaving B4 you began HRT?

Fed up

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 12:03:26 PM »

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I tried Elleste for 6 months. The utro gave me chronic headaches so the GO told me to stop after a week and prescribed Evorel. I took that for 5 months.

Before HRT my periods beforehand were always on time, was normal flow and average 7 days.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 12:05:00 PM »

Did U have particular symptoms to request HRT?

Your GP can refer you to an NHS Menopause Clinic if he/she is confused ;-) although there are waiting lists.  U may like to work with your GP so that you both learn as you go along.  It can be a bit Trial and Error.  Do read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread - 4warned is 4armed.

Fed up

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 12:13:06 PM »

I had night sweats and hot flushes.

Wish I’d never bothered now. I’m worse off than when I started  :'(

I’ll have a look at the thread.  :o

Fed up

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »

Where do I find that thread please?

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 12:32:03 PM »

I'll bounce the VA thread.

What's a GO?  Sometimes HRT can ease flushes and sweats though it may take a while to find something that suits. I believe that certain anti-depressants can also ease flushing.

Off to bounce ;-). I've bounced the 'burning' thread and 'menopausal vagina has won an award' for you to peruse.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 12:35:22 PM by CLKD »

Fed up

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 01:06:01 PM »

It was meant to be GP  ;D

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 10:21:49 PM »

Are you on sequi or conti?

Fed up

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 09:55:18 AM »

Update

Since my last post I continued to bleed with big clots until yesterday when it has all suddenly stopped!

Wonder how long this will last for  :-\

Nas

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 01:49:25 PM »

If you peri and still having periods, you need a sequi regime. Two weeks Oestrogen and two weeks Oestrogen and progesterone ( I think) to give you a predictable bleed each month.

If you are post, literally all that means is, at least 12 months no period, then you can opt for a Conti regime. Some don’t tolerate progesterone daily, so still opt for the sequi and have a bleed.

Then, there are women like me, who bleed on HRT whatever. I bleed on patches and am going to trial a Mirena. No clue how it will go, but anything is worth a shot! Apparently it isn’t a period, but the hormones influencing the womb lining. I struggle with this idea, as it looks like a period to me and sure as hell feels like one!

Anyway, good luck. I hope the bleeding stops for you.
I am also going on a beach holiday in the summer and dreading any kind of bleeding getting in the way!