Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Achy and tingly arms, chest and lip!  (Read 927 times)

Jett

Achy and tingly arms, chest and lip!
« on: April 30, 2022, 04:45:46 PM »

Hi ladies,

Just when I thought I had a full list of symptoms old menopause strikes a new blow, well maybe it’s not menopause… but I am hoping maybe some of you may have experienced this too.

It’s freaking me out a bit.  It started as an ache in my chest, not a pain and not sharp but like a dull empty ache.  Now it’s weird feeling arms, both arms, bit tingly and bit achy.  Is not exacerbated by exercise, that actually helps. Feels a bit like weird circulation?   Has anyone ever had this kind of thing before? Oh yes and a tingly bottom lip on and off too!

I also lost my mother a few months ago, could be grief, stress, something else but wondered if too much or too little estrogen would cause this type of feeling?

Thanks for any insight anyone can give.

Jett xxx

Amazing grace

Re: Achy and tingly arms, chest and lip!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 05:49:16 PM »

Hi jet, over the years I've had every symptom going and more, I've had what you are describing I convinced myself I had ms or some other deadly disease, firstly I would say consult your gp because these symptoms could easily be something else, it's very easy to put everything we have down to menopause or hrt side effects, for me and I did have tests to rule everything else out, it was a combination of anxiety and hormones, I personally seem to go in a strange cycle of various symptoms which come and go and the tingly arms and lip is one I get for weeks then it disappears only to return again, I don't really get the dull ache in the chest much now, that really should be checked, just to mention I had a b12 deficiency, treated now but that can cause tingling along with a ton of other symptoms, I've known some women get the type of symptoms you have from low estrogen, but I also got carpal tunnel type symptoms on high doses of estrogel, went when I lowered the dose, it's so difficult as there's so many reasons as to what is causing symptoms, this is only my own experience, I would advise you to see a gp if it continues just to be safe x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 06:29:31 PM »

Sorry about your Mum, you could contact CRUSE to talk to people who are able to offer support.

I sometimes have weird feelings, right now it's a numb feeling under my left eye on the cheek: but it isn't numb 'cos I can feel it  ::) so probably should say 'altered sensation'. 

As hormone levels rise and fall the body may well react and I think we are more aware as we age.  As well as every ache and pain might be 'terminal'  ::).  We had a thread about that for a while.

CTSyndrome is common in pregnancy.  So definitely hormonally linked.

Jett

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 09:27:07 PM »

Thank you both CLKD and Amazing Grace for your replies.

I am sorry you both have had weird tingly sensations too but it does make me a bit less anxious to think it is possibly hormonal.

I have had it for about a week and the same CLKD, it’s almost like a numb feeling but I have not lost feeling.

I have had weird heavy legs before Amazing Grace which is the closest I have had before.  I have been taking vit B12 since then and it really helped with the legs.  The heavy legs is the closest thing I have had to this before.  It’s mad you get the lip thing too!

I will call the doctor next week if it’s still the same and ask to get some tests.  Thank you both for taking the time to share your experience.

Jett xxx