Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does oestrogen cause fatigue?  (Read 1656 times)

Vicky81

Does oestrogen cause fatigue?
« on: April 30, 2022, 09:37:42 AM »

Just wondering all....can oestrogen cause fatigue?

Marchlove

Re: Does oestrogen cause fatigue?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 10:10:25 AM »

Sort of, too high estrogen dose can have a knock on effect on your thyroid which can cause fatigue.
Hence our all wanting you to go steady with the estrogen dose x

Marchlove

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 10:45:20 AM »

Hi marchlove thanks 4 that.
I had investigated my thyroid via a blood test and it came back normal.
That was at dr studd clinic, and at medichecks.
I'm taking another more in depth one that I paid for yesterday via medichecks....they look at all 12 biomarkers. Including all thyroid T3 T4 etc.
So hopefully that will be all ok! Xxx
Honestly I have had numerous blood tests to check vitamin levels, fsh tsh and all normal up to now xxx

Justyna1970

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2022, 01:25:52 AM »

Hello Vicky xxx
I have tried to privately message you, but I can’t because I haven’t posted enough on this forum yet xx

Your feeling of fatigue can be caused by anything; weather, food, friends, stress, work, home etc etc

You can’t feel like Superwoman every second of every day.
No one does.
I have great days, low days, angry days and fatigue days xxx I have it all xxx

You are doing amazing Vicky xx Because you are sharing your feelings xxx

Lots and lots of love
Justyna

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 10:04:09 AM »

Just posting a warning here for anyone with a thyroid problem (I have Hashimotos) to also take heed of this sentence in the article posted by Marchlove:

Likewise, too little estrogen results in low thyroglobulin, which reduces thyroid function.

It’s true, too high levels of oestrogen can cause issues with your thyroid but the above often gets overlooked. I’ve learnt that one first hand, the hard way when I let my oestrogen levels get too low. My hypothyroidism went through the roof. Just be careful and listen to your body  :)

VictoryV

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 10:07:53 AM »

I’ve had fatigue for two weeks caused by Covid but before getting infected I’d not had it for a long time. For me fatigue happens when estrogens are too low OR I’ve recently switched HRT/made a big change.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2022, 10:10:39 AM »

So many GPs won't do further thyroid function tests if results are 'within normal limits'  >:(.  Men and women have problems getting appropriate treatments.

It shouldn't be This Hard  >:(  :-\    Fatigue can also be due to low VitD levels, capsules eased symptoms for me.

Marchlove

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2022, 10:48:35 AM »

Yes Blue Kingfisher, it’s a muddle!
Unless we know that our estrogen is at an appropriate level (the subject of another thread) which is difficult especially in peri, it’s knock on effect on thyroid function is difficult to monitor.

Probably a more reliable way to monitor estrogen levels is looking at cortisol.  x

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 11:44:22 AM »

Yes, agree Marchlove. It’s been nothing short of a living nightmare for me with peri/menopause (no idea where I am!) and thyroid autoimmune! So many of us trying to find the right path with whatever health issues we may have. Trying to navigate the myriad of overlapping symptoms & no consistency/reliability in testing is mind boggling and equals very low quality of life for me and many others. Im constantly trying to find regimes/medications that I can function better on. Im not looking to feel good at all, I’m looking not to feel totally dreadful!

Im personally focussing on my thyroid right now but have to keep my hand in sorting out my HRT as they influence each other like you’ve pointed out.

Blue Kingfisher

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 11:47:44 AM »

Vicky81, looks like you’ve had all your vital vitamin levels checked but have you considered different food or food groups contributing to your fatigue? Might be something or nothing & you may well have explored.

VictoryV

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 12:01:44 PM »

I know we’re talking about fatigue here but many of us have or have had anxiety. I’m convinced that seriously reducing sugar and especially not having it for breakfast, has really helped me. I’ve had to quit my beloved tropical fruit as it’s laden with sugar.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 01:33:57 PM »

Fresh fruit has natural sugars, which the body processes in a different way to those in shop produced cakes where it is added. 

Dried fruits may not be as healthy due to the way they are produced.

ATB

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 01:46:27 PM »

Fruit has amazing nutritional value and lots of fibre. I would never remove it.

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 01:52:47 PM »

Thanks all 4 replies.
My days I'm still feeling awful. Haven't showered in 2 days! So exhausted....it seems to have cone about since I went from 100mg patch to 150mg, then took the 50 off....back to 100mg.
Do you guys think its just my hormones re-setting as I waxnt this tired at work etc.. looking back at my journal that I've kept since January. 
Its ubreal the tiredness, feeling a bit spacey, not moving off the bed,, kind of staring out the window....head feel bit heavy xxxxx
Please help (I know you are always honest its what I need) xxx
Pages: [1] 2