Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: I could cry HRT shortages  (Read 1199 times)

Opal

I could cry HRT shortages
« on: May 06, 2022, 11:15:56 AM »

I have spent the last 2 hours trying to fill a prescription for Lenzetto and can't find it anywhere, I have enough to last a few days, I am so sick of chopping and changing from one thing to another I don't know if I am coming or going just feel like chucking the hole thing in, I know I am not alone sorry for the rant

LSmarty

Re: I could cry HRT shortages
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2022, 11:20:59 AM »

Hi Opal
I was the same yesterday, even my doc said she doesn't know where to go from here 😢
I've been calling round trying to find Lenzetto too, it's so frustrating and can't find it anywhere so I'm waiting on an alternative
Les xox

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 11:35:36 AM »

That is very frustrating and upsetting. It is hard enough to find a HRT that suits. I wonder if you could ask to see a menopause clinic? They may be able to find you an alternative although I know that is not ideal.

Opal

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 11:42:18 AM »

Thanks girls I was on patches but had a very bad reaction to the adhesive then went on to gel and had heavy bleeds with both the gels, but found that the lenzetto was perfect for me.  Just spoke to doctor and she is at a loss as she has just had a call from another patient to say unable to get her gel, if it was men we would be able to get it over the counter

Emm225

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 05:45:21 PM »

No estrodot patches where I live either   :-\ :'(

Ecl

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 06:40:42 PM »

I did cry, on the phone to a pharmacist. I’m on Sandrena and it has become so difficult to get hold of. I am speaking to go on Thursday and am considering trying patches as I can’t handle this anxiety every month.
After ringing every other day for a week, ( all 5 pharmacies in my town), half said can ask gp to prescribe a patch, half said keep trying. I kept trying and was successful, but this is the second month I’ve struggled and am dreading next time.
This time, Boots were able to order it in, so it may be worth asking them even if it’s not in stock

Sazzle42115

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »

The independent pharmacy
I get my script from here private but delivered quickly looks like they have in stock

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 09:21:00 PM »

That's frustrating- I phoned the independent pharmacy yesterday and they said they had none, that's for my NHS prescription - so are they prioritising private prescriptions then I wonder? ?

Sazzle42115

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 06:32:28 AM »

Not sure I looked online and it showed in stock

Sazzle42115

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 06:37:39 AM »

Looks like you can do online consultation and upload your prescription

Gnatty

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 12:45:42 PM »

Thank you, I phoned round a few chemists and managed to source some. Phew, so stressful!