Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Another update...  (Read 3127 times)

Louise2010

Re: Another update...
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2022, 02:06:07 PM »

sweettooth

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2022, 07:20:18 AM »

Hi Vicky
Just to say I’m thinking of you and understand.  This forum is support not judgement so please do keep posting and updating us on your journey.  A big hug from me ❤️❤️

Vicky81

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2022, 08:24:56 AM »

Hi all and thanks sweetooth.

I've decided to go back to 100mg. I didn't have any adverse effects from the 150mg but listened to you guys.

However, since perling the 50 off ....yesterday I felt a  bit more anxiety, left work early. And last night slept so heavy with very vivid dreams..  I dragged myself up at 08.40....bleary eyed and went for a quick run. .
Is this hormonal related to me going up then back down? Yes I shouldn't have tried it, but I did .
How long does it take for my100mg now to settle?

Xxxx

ATB

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2022, 08:29:08 AM »

Yes it is because you are jumping up and down Vicky, it will settle and how long that will take really depends and varies. For me when I went down as my doctor advised, it took a day or two and I felt much better. However as you’ve increased quickly a few times and now down again, you may have to wait a few weeks or longer. All the same advice already given applies, remind yourself it will pass, do other things mentioned here and many times privately to help the anxiety and perhaps if able take a few days off work to do things you enjoy to take your mind off it.

ATB

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2022, 08:33:08 AM »

Hi Vicky
Just to say I’m thinking of you and understand.  This forum is support not judgement so please do keep posting and updating us on your journey.  A big hug from me ❤️❤️

Those concerned here have given Vicky a lot of time here and privately and are concerned about other women following dangerous advice, as well as not being honest about the situation. You may not like it, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. You may call it judgement, but as Davina McCall just said recently, sadly because of poor care on the NHS a lot of women are following misinformation online and making themselves much worse. Side effects from too much hormones include suicide. Self medicating is dangerous and you shouldn’t come on and berate anyone for being concerned about it.

Gracie

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2022, 09:35:16 AM »

Not even doctors can give the kind of advice that is available on this forum, I learned all about my condition on here and how to treat it and what treatment to ask for.  I listened and took on board all the advice, took action and I am so much better for it.

I have nothing but praise for all the women here who took the time to give me great advice that I hope I can return the same to others suffering in particular, from the chronic condition Vaginal Atrophy.

Sazzle42115

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2022, 09:30:02 PM »

Which is great for those who do get it right and get relief. Not everyone does and the trial and error can add another layer you don't know if to carry on if something is not working. I've been trying for 13 months to get some relief..... giving it 3 months every time. I've increased transdermal and my levels have dropped. I COMPLETELY understand how desparation leads to trying anything. I seriously would take anything to help. HRT perhaps isn't for everyone and the forum has been a great source of information but when it's you walking in the shoes it's a pretty lonely journey. Love to all

Vicky81

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2022, 07:36:29 AM »

thanks all again xxxx

Gilla999

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2022, 08:05:02 AM »

Just wanted to say that I empathised so much with this thread. In the initial months of Peri two years ago at the age of 41 I suffered from debilitating insomnia and night sweats, where for two weeks out of every four I was getting about 3 hours of a sleep a night. I couldn't work or function, and GPs refused to prescribe me HRT. I felt so horrendous I was desperate to do whatever it took to feel better again, and for the first few months I also made lots of quick changes without waiting to see if things improved. You feel so awful, you just want to feel better.

I think you learn as you go on this journey that changing too many things at once or making quick changes never helps (both with ADs and HRT) and often makes things worse or confuses things. I can understand the warnings to other ladies about not following this route and I can also understand the compulsion to just want to fix the problem when you feel so bad. Sending you much love Vickie and hope things improve for you soon x

Vicky81

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2022, 09:04:45 AM »

Awww Gill thank you so very much, yes its hard hard...this is all new to me and just want to get this so right.

I thought i was helping myself because i have been like his since last Aug/Sept.

Anxiety is the worst xxx
Pages: 1 2 [3]