Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: High Blood Pressure  (Read 722 times)

Skylark

High Blood Pressure
« on: April 30, 2022, 11:51:05 AM »

Hello ladies,

I wonder if anyone can relate,  reassure or advise me.

My blood pressure has always been reactive,  particularly the systolic reading.  I most recently had it checked back in March at a time when I was very anxious having been off work for 3 months with workplace stress and about to start a new job, yet my BP was a satisfactory 142/82. I had just started Sandrena. Last week at work, because my new role is patient facing, a colleague who I find very overbearing, decided we should practice taking each other's blood pressures. (Neither of us are clinicians). I warned him mine would likely be elevated. Sure enough it was a scary 190/95! But I have had readings like this before when I was stressing myself with a home monitor.  All resolved when checked at the surgery.  I promised I would contact the doctor nevertheless.  My regular doctor seems quite unconcerned but is arranging for me to borrow a machine in a week or so to monitor twice a day for a week as a precaution. Now I'm walking around with the feeling my BP is extremely elevated (blood whooshing in my ears) and I'm in stroke territory.  Worse still I'm on leave for a week and have so looked forward to it after months of stress.

Has anyone experienced similar? Could the Sandrena be responsible if indeed my BP is this high? I'm pretty fit, not overweight,  walk every day, meditate and do yoga, so am doing the best I can.

Thanks for listening.

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 06:31:33 PM »

White Coat Syndrome is common.  Get a machine, DH bought his from Boots.  Taking the best of 3 B4 eating at the same time each morning should give you reassurance.

One cannot feel high blood pressure.  Low can manifest itself in dizziness, especially postally which is why some GPs test on sitting and on standing.

Hopeful

Re: High Blood Pressure
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 07:42:47 AM »

I agree with CLKD that buying your own machine is a good idea, they are inexpensive I brought mine from Argos. I also get high reading when I’m stressed, I think it is very common, I don’t think it will be the Sandrena especially as the doctor wasn’t  concerned