Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Online petition about HRT costs & shortages.  (Read 524 times)

Cazikins

Online petition about HRT costs & shortages.
« on: April 28, 2022, 11:59:35 AM »

Below is a link to sign a petition as I thought some members maybe be interested. It does mention the HRT shortages that have been highlighted on the forum lately.

On  29th October 2021, Labour MP Carolyn Harris succeeded in getting HRT costs reduced to a once a year payment in England (an Annual Prepayment Certificate for HRT products). On March 16th, 2022, it was announced that this won't be implemented till April 2023, leaving many women still struggling to pay.

This change needs to be made sooner, along with transparency about the HRT shortages so that women can more easily afford and obtain vital medication.

https://www.menopausemandate.com/sign-the-petition

Cazikins xx  :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

Flossieteacake

Re: Online petition about HRT costs & shortages.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »

Thank you for posting. I have signed.

ATB

Re: Online petition about HRT costs & shortages.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 12:58:47 PM »

Thank you, I will sign it.

I noted this morning, because I wrongly thought I was only getting monthly prescriptions, that NICE guidelines actually apparently say that after your Gp is happy you’re on the right dose and type, they recommend giving a 12 month prescription. I believe the Womens & equalities minister answered this when asked why there is the delay with the change, effectively she said it’s something that NICE guidelines say should be happening anyway, in practice it isn’t. So the change will be official next year but GPs chose not to follow guidelines as they are now. It just seems like a GP issue that they’re having to create a new law to prevent?