Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling bad only in the first half of cycle - any thoughts as to why?  (Read 1200 times)

Gilla999

Thanks Vanilla and interestingly it was also the other way around for me in the past too, at the start of Peri hell. By nature I tend to want to understand, diagnose and fix, but I appreciate that that's not always possible in Peri - it's something about myself I'm still trying to work on, the "go with the flow"  :)  I think because on my bad days I feel SO bad - can't work or do anything except lie on the sofa - which doesn't really mix well with a very high pressured job! I think the down days would be easier to cope with I was retired and could just give in to them, and I imagine this is how some mums here also feel - it's all the responsibilities we have that make it worse!

In the last three months my cycles have become a bit longer/more erratic - not a very long timeframe, but I have noticed it and it seems to have coincided with the feeling rough at the start of the cycle. After about 3 or 4 years of shorter and very regular cycles, ovulation is now starting to be delayed, so I wonder if I'm starting to move into the next phase. Do you experience any problems in taking Utrogestan outside of your normal cycle rhythm? I realise that's what 99% of ladies do anyway, I just haven't reached that stage yet and wondering how it will work!

VanillaLover

This is only my seventh month of HRT but I have only been in sync with my cycle and the progesterone once so far! Doesn’t seem to cause any major problems. This month I am well out (finish utrogestan about day 19) so we shall see!

VanillaLover

Luckily my kids are nearly 16 and 12 now so don’t need so much work (and can help with housework etc if I need it). I also only work 2.5 days a week and it’s a pretty laid back job (can do things in my own time, not always very busy etc). I thank my lucky stars I took a job like that on a few years ago rather than full time etc. I don’t know how people do it I really don’t!

Gilla999

I sometimes wonder where I'd be in life if I'd been one of the lucky ones who sails through menopause - certainly much further in my career and earning more money! But I am grateful to have only had to worry about that, myself and one very friendly cat - I can't imagine how women cope during the worst of it with young children to look after.

Thanks on the Utro, that's reassuring to hear  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]