Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello ladies, new member here  (Read 1077 times)

SundayGirl

Hello ladies, new member here
« on: April 27, 2022, 01:43:05 PM »

Hi all 🙂

I've been reading this forum for a while and would like to say thank you to everyone for the help and reassurance that I've already received from you lovely lot!

Anyway, about me....

I'm 57 years old and roughly 6 years post Meno. I have an underactive thyroid which was picked up 5 or 6 years ago when I went to my GP thinking I would benefit from hrt. Never got round to the hrt part!! I also have vitamin D and folate deficiency which I take supplements for. Recently diagnosed with vaginal atrophy (thanks to reading this forum).

I have several questions stored up already so I'll start threads in the appropriate sections.

Thanks for having me

Songbird

Re: Hello ladies, new member here
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »

:welcomemm:
Hi Sunday Girl
Lovely to have you with us.
I am a fairly new member and can honestly say it's been a fantastic experience for me. Lots of questions answered and relief gained, simply knowing you are not alone. Best wishes xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »

:welcomemm:  ask away, nowt is taboo on here.   We have a lovely  :-\ thread on Vaginal Atrophy as well as 'me and my menopausal vagina' to read.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 07:47:31 PM »

Hi and welcome,have a look at the lighter threads too,we do have a giggle on here too  :)

SundayGirl

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 08:34:41 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies.

Lovely to be able to speak openly to people who understand.

💕

ATB

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »

Hi! I also have an under active thyroid picked up about 6 years ago and had peri then but also not given HRT, just treated thyroid. Feel much better recently put on HRT. How is your thyroid care? Vit D is a common deficiency, especially for us hypothyroid women, so is stored iron or ferritin. Hope you find some help for your questions here, I’ve found it great myself.