Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ostrogel and ultrogeston  (Read 1037 times)

Jan1234

Ostrogel and ultrogeston
« on: April 24, 2022, 10:10:00 AM »

Where am i going wrong i just cant seem to get the dosage right i was on 3 pumps and 100mg continuous ultrogeston and was bkeeding really heavy my gp increased the ultrogeston to 200mg which i take vaginally, the bleeding stopped but i felt terrible on the higher dose i managed 10 days and couldnt do it anymore so i decided ti try 2 pumps and back to 100mg that was 8days ago i feel absolutely brillant and feel like my oldself is back but ive had really bad period pains the last 3 days but no bleeding only a slight colour in the mornings nothing really any suggestions be grateful as im just hoping i dont have a full blown period as im off on my holidays next week and really hoping i dont have a heavy period im 57 and been on hrt for quite a few years but changed to this one a few months ago after having polyps removed gp said it was a safer option

Sid

Re: Ostrogel and ultrogeston
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

Hi Jan1234

I always had problems with bleeding on Utrogestan, even though I am only on 2 pumps of Oestrogel. Like you, my Utrogestan dosage was increased to 200mg daily which did stop the bleeding but made me feel really light-headed.  I couldn’t move my head quickly for fear of falling over due to dizziness.  I was fitted with a Mirena about 7 weeks ago and have had some very light spotting which is tailing off and which I think will settle. Hope you find a solution soon x

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 10:36:20 AM »

Ah thanks for reply they want me to have a mirena coil but i really dont fancy it heard so many bad views about them, i feel so great at the moment loads of energy its just the bleeding side of it i cant tolerate 200mg so im stuck now just dont know what to do for the best 1st holiday abroad next week since be4 covid and i really dont want to be bleeding

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 08:09:33 PM »

A mirena is the best solution to be bleed free. If you don't mind a bleed you could use it on a sequi regime (200mg x 12 days).

Ecl

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 06:45:59 AM »

Jan1234, I think you have already done what you need to do - you are feeling better and that’s what it’s all about. Unfortunately none of us can encourage or prevent a bleed for you for next week, I hope you can enjoy your holiday, but I would go prepared anyway just in case.
Whenever we mess with our HRT there will be the risk of creating a bleed, but I think you probably need to give it some time now you are feeling good to see how it lasts, they say we should give each change 3 months. Have a happy holiday!

Jan1234

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 08:03:25 AM »

Thanks all for your replys im going try and stick it out see what happens as at the moment i seem to be just spotting in the mornings but still having symtons of a period starting, il give it another month or 2 but jve changed different hrts in the past and never had thjs problem  dr said i could go back on kliofem if i wished i was on that for 3 years but im a bit worried of going back on tablet form now and in the 3 years i was on kliofem ive had polyps removed 4 times 3 cervical and 1 in the womb so no one seems to know if that was connected to the past hrt