Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Confused about HRT + Oestrogen for VA  (Read 975 times)

Pixielilac

Confused about HRT + Oestrogen for VA
« on: April 26, 2022, 10:13:55 PM »

I am on Femeston- Conti 1mg/5mg, have been for a few years. Also on Vagirux at the moment, but should the Femeston-Conti be enough to treat the VA as well?
I am seeing my doctor on Friday and want to ask him to increase my dose of Femeston so I won’t have to do the internal tablets, or can the VA only be helped by internal cream/ tablets?
I get thrush a lot, always have done, and had a swab done yesterday to check if it is thrush or something else, I’m thinking two and a bit weeks of Vagirux has brought on the thrush so if I don’t need to be putting something up there I’d rather not be.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Confused about HRT + Oestrogen for VA
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 10:39:38 PM »

Is it Thrush, if so this needs treating as a separate issue.  "Always have done" means that there is a blip in your digestive system.  Thrush/candida thrives on sugars.  It also lives in the back passage so toilet hygiene needs to be strict.  4 me it was itching, too high up to scratch  :o

LIVE yoghurt, eaten and applied, can ease the symptoms of thrush.

If Vagirux isn't helping mayB switch to 'ovestin' and/or 'vagifem'?  It is a life long condition which needs constant treatment.  Do read the 'vaginal atrophy' thread.

let us know how you get on.

Pixielilac

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 10:47:38 PM »

Thankyou, I’ll read that thread x

Nas

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 04:20:38 PM »

Hi,
I personally think femeston is rubbish at controlling VA and feel sure it has contributed to mine. I’ve been doubling the vagifem, yes, ovestin, everything for weeks, to no avail. Now I’m sure I’ve got an infection!

My libido has disappeared on it and am very dry all over my body. Bloody awful.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 10:53:38 PM »

Some women need both. If your other symptoms are controlled on your current dose it would be better to stick to it and find a better option for the VA.

Floradora

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 06:52:40 PM »

Frequently both vaginal and systemic estrogen are required to control vaginal/bladder symptoms. I’m on Femoston conti 1/5 but I also use vagirux and ovestin as I don’t want to increase my systemic estrogen dose as it suits me well otherwise. Actually, Femoston 1/5 is the highest dose there is of the conti product (there is a 2/10 sequi) so if you want a higher dose you will prob need to go onto an alternative product x

Floradora

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 06:52:56 PM »

Frequently both vaginal and systemic estrogen are required to control vaginal/bladder symptoms. I’m on Femoston conti 1/5 but I also use vagirux and ovestin as I don’t want to increase my systemic estrogen dose as it suits me well otherwise. Actually, Femoston 1/5 is the highest dose there is of the conti product (there is a 2/10 sequi) so if you want a higher dose you will prob need to go onto an alternative product x