Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bladder infection??  (Read 2913 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: Bladder infection??
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 07:15:52 PM »

Thanks Flossie,
I don’t drink caffeine anyway..
 How do you cope?

I do not really know. I just have no choice really. Sorry, that is of no help. I am hoping the pain eases for you. I know it is horrible. Do you have baths? I find baths make symptoms worse too.

Nas

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2022, 08:11:20 PM »

Yes I have baths.
They don’t make much difference.

I hope the gp calls tomorrow.

Such a horrible time.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2022, 08:14:04 PM »

Yes I have baths.
They don’t make much difference.

I hope the gp calls tomorrow.

Such a horrible time.

It may be worth switching to showers just to see if there is any improvement. I really hope you manage to sleep okay without too many trips to the loo.

sweettooth

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »

Nas sorry you have this next🙁 Don’t have much knowledge but wanted to say I’m thinking of you❤️
You are right about checking for infection, then go from there.  Do u have pain when peeing?  If not infection and is VA it will prob take a while to settle with treatment just as it took a while to reach a head!
Best wishes for today xxx

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 02:00:44 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Nas - Thank you for your concern. I am down to two sachets of Sandrena and I had a terrible day yesterday. The jittery, internal shaking was awful and lasted most of the day. Today I have cried a lot. I am so afraid that I am losing my mental health as a consequence of this!

I am thinking about contacting my GP and I will probably be advised to increase my AD or try a different one. I still think my hormones are to blame but I can't bear to be on this roller-coaster much longer. Another idea is to increase the gel again and, like you, risk the bleeding coming back.

I hope you hear from your GP today and something can be done to help you.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2022, 03:57:32 PM »

Hi nas:  Sorry to see you're in such misery.  Have you been checked for an imbedded infection?  There are some ladies who have been dealing with this and some who are on antibiotics for long periods of time.  You may want to Google and see if this fits your m.o. 

Good luck and hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Nas

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2022, 06:56:47 PM »

Thanks sweet.
No pain when peeing, just peeing a ridiculous number of times and bladder feels all irritated. I missed the call from GP today and was told to ring at 8 am tomorrow! Maybe it is VA. How are you ? Xxx

Kathleen, you have my heartfelt sympathies, you really do. I also fear for my mental health and am only just functioning right now. Don’t  want to get up in the morning etc. My poor partner has given up I think! Will you definitely bleed if you increase your gel? Could you swap progesterone at all? Big hugs to you, hang on in there 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Thanks Whatsup, misery sums it up nicely..
Got to ring surgery tomorrow now ,god give me strength.
No clue what’s wrong with me. Could be infection, could be VA.

Louise2010

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2022, 08:53:15 PM »

Hi Nas I’m so sorry you’re suffering at the moment, it’s never ending isn’t it? Have you heard of or tried
d-mannose? It’s a powder that you take for bladder irritation and to stop infections if you’re prone. I take it when mine flares up. You can get it on line quite easily and it’s not too dear considering you get a big bag of it. It may be worth a try. Sending you good wishes and hoping you feel betterxxxx

Marchlove

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2022, 08:59:47 PM »

Yes Nas, try the d-mannose. It’s prevented me from having antibiotics for uti’s numerous times. x

sweettooth

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 08:44:55 AM »

Hi Nas,  hope you managed to speak to doc? Did u get any further?
Thinking of you and all of us having a tough time re menopause❤️
I have good and bad days, sometimes it like I’m not on Estrogen but I’m grateful for an odd goodish day here and there as I wasn’t getting that!  Covid I feel has further affected my energy so I’m listening to body and taking immune boosting supps.
Have you changed back to patch yet ? Xx

Nas

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 04:23:03 PM »

Hi all
Thanks for the advice on d mannose. Will look it up tonight with the view to buying some.

I missed the GP again today as I was busy at work. Got shouted at by the receptionist because if it WAS an emergency, surely I could take the call at ANY time? Not if you are on your own in a busy school, with a bunch of teens with SEN you can’t!

Anyway, managed to get an appointment tomorrow with a GP.
I’m not convinced convinced it’s a UTI now , but more VA/irritated bladder. Pharmacist didn’t think it was a uti either as no stinging burning, just peeing huge numbers of times.

Sweet, hang on in there. Things will get better I’m sure. Covid has a lot to answer for! ❤️ Do you feel a tiny bit better yet? I’m on the 50 patch, in an effort to avoid bleeding. When I get my NHS review appointment ( or IF!) I will ask to swap progesterone I think and then I may be able to increase my Oestrogen.

Xxx
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:26:32 PM by Nas »

Nas

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 04:35:46 PM »

P.s where do you all buy your d- mannose from? X

Haydo

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 04:44:57 PM »

I buy mine online from Sweet Cures.  There is some good information and research on their website too.

Nas

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2022, 05:11:48 PM »

Oh god, just looked at the equivalent HRT doses on line and that femeston Conti that I was on, is the equivalent of only a 25 patch ( it seems?) That’s a reduction of 2/3rds of what I was on! No wonder I’ve got bladder problems! God Im fuming now, as MS suggested this HRT and I’ve got 6 months worth!

Options now ..take 2 x femeston

Or Continue with 50 patch and utrogestan until review and then ask for stronger progesterone and revert back to 75 patch.

Christ almighty, what a stress 😡😡😡😡

Floradora

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2022, 05:24:40 PM »

Hi Nas. Sorry to hear the bladder problems continue. Apologies if this has already been covered in any of your previous posts but have you had an actual face to face GP appointment recently ie has anyone actually had a look up there lately? Is it possible that you have a slight bladder prolapse? Xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3