Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan advice  (Read 924 times)

Martasa

Utrogestan advice
« on: May 04, 2022, 11:48:47 AM »

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you so much for previous advice. I tried an alternative route to get a higher dose of estrodiol, the lengths we have to go to  :hotflash: >:(

Anyway, now on estradot 0.75 and 2x 100mg utrogestan on days 15-28. I’m currently on day 7 of utrogestan and have just had to come home from work. I’m beyond exhausted, throbbing headache and an emotional time bomb, not a good combination when having to manage 11-16 years olds all day.

Im pretty sure there is a pattern and this is linked to utrogestan. I’ve read a couple of others experiences of changing doseage. My GP’s, other than one, have been most receptive when I go in with “I feel… could I try…”. Has anyone experienced this please and can offer a bit of advice I can go armed with?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan advice
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 03:04:41 PM »

Par for the course with GPs, sadly  :-\

MayB put the product name into the search box to see what pops up? Make notes ;-). 

Martasa

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »

Thanks for replying!
I’ve had a search through previous questions but nothing quite fits right.
I feel so deflated with no motivation for even the things I usually love doing.

Sarah48

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 08:07:41 PM »

Hi Martasa,

I take Utrogestan 100 but 1 tablet a night for 25 days then 3 day break.  I do sometimes feel tired but generally okay.  I have also read that some women take it vaginally, as that can help reduce side effects.    Maybe you could try lower dose for longer?  😊

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 09:48:51 PM »

It might be worth trying it vaginally but it may not stop your symptoms, it's the same capsule, just push it up as far as you can before you go to bed. The normal dose is 12 days not 14. According to newsonhealth but not the manufacturer you can halve the dose if you use it vaginally (so 100mg x 12days). You shouldn't use it continuously unless you're meno (1year without a bleed) or you're likely to get breakthrough bleeding. Some people use as little as 100mg x 7 days but you should only do this with medical agreement and you should have regular scans.

Martasa

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 04:45:28 AM »

Thanks Shiela, I’ll ask about using vaginally. Reducing the symptoms at least would be a big improvement.
I’m seriously considering paying to see a consultant.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 08:27:06 AM »

Using it vaginally is off licence in the UK but not in the rest of Europe. Your gp may not be aware it can be used this way. The vaginal route usually sorts out digestive issues but I still get fatigue.