Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Wrote detailed informative letter to GP and got prescription and apology  (Read 1025 times)

pepperminty

Hi Ladies after a worrying weekend,

I wrote a detailed and informative letter to the GP stating that the use of 2 local estrogens, and increasing the frequency is safe as doses of the preparations are very low, and recommended.

Also quoting "If a patient has not responded to initial localised treatment, the dose and type of treatment may need adjusting. It may be worth altering the frequency of vaginal oestrogen doses, changing the brand or formulation, and combining treatments, including adding non-hormonal lubricants and moisturisers."

I got an apology, and a recognition of the courage it took to write  and that I know more than him. Which was much appreciated. I do hope that the GP will take on and use in his dealings with other women.

I will hopefully get the ovestin tomorrow and feel a little more confident moving forward.

I wonder how many of us are too scared to say anything and just put up and shut up. Pain, constant UTI's , soreness etc.

Also thanks to all the kind ladies who supported me here, we all need a bit of support now and again . x :thankyou:

Pepperminty xx

Flossieteacake

I am so pleased by this. You were very brave to write this letter. It is good to hear the GP responded in this manner.

Postmeno3

Well done!!!!! 💐

Marchlove

Hey, well done a positive story for us all!! x

VictoryV

Well done Pepperminty! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Good on ya!   :medal:  would the Surgery be prepared to 'run' menopause clinics on a monthly basis, to share information?  Every day is a learning curve.

sheila99

:ola:
That's great news. Not only have helped yourself, you've helped every other woman who comes after you. Very well done.

Perinowpost

Well done Pepperminty, result x

pepperminty

Thanks ladies,

Fingers crossed that I get the cream tomorrow. It is all so draining though isn't it!  I am not as resilient as I was.

Lets hope this HRT tsar ( not holding my breath) gets things moving. Once I get the name of the tsar I will lobby my MP to ask for Dydrogesterone as we all need an alternative progesterone. This has a good safety record also.

PMXX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I wouldn't wait until he/she is appointed, what's wrong with getting in first with your letter, some that your MP can hand over to the potential 'tzar'.  Though knowing how the last Tzar and his family ended up, I wouldn't hold out much hope ;-).  ::)