Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Almost daily changes.  (Read 3067 times)

ATB

Re: Almost daily changes.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2022, 09:22:54 PM »

BusyLizzie, have you tested your levels on that spray? I got it for my daughter, young adult, and her levels were still low. She assures me she used it as directed. So switch to tablets and it’s now fine. Just wondered as it might be she really wasn’t taking it like she does the tablets.

Busylizzie

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2022, 09:58:16 AM »

Hi ATB,
I certainly feel better on it than not.  Dose is 3 sprays a day for 3000iu.  I had my Vit D tested a few years back in January as every bit of me ached and I felt miserable.  It came back as 40 so low and put on Fultium 800iu capsules, the blue dye made my water go green! So went on to tablets 1000iu Vitabiotics I think?  Then had investigations for my high calcium levels as PTH and calcium were both high together, and that was the start of another journey.  I did a lot of research into Vitamin D, how it is involved with bones kidney etc and many recommended the Better U spray with K2 added to help the Vitamin D go to bones rather than sloshing around in my blood making eggshells.  NHS don’t like testing Vitamin D as they say everyone is low in Winter but my endo does test it occasionally although with lockdowns it’s not been done for a while.  Last time it was done it was December 2019 and was 68 so an improvement but I am only allowed 1000iu a day and I use it all year round, reason being too much Vitamin D would make my calcium even higher.   Some advocate much higher doses but you can go too high, I don’t want to do the large weekly loading doses.
Anyway I had genetic testing done and they say it’s a rare benign condition called FHH, I have a much higher set point before my kidneys start getting rid of excess calcium in the body rather than an adenoma on my parathyroids.  My mother died from osteoporosis but her calcium levels were normal.
So for me the Better You one works, the bone pain eased. 
Some people take the tablets and K2 separately, I guess it's trial and error but the main thing is that your daughter’s level has improved.

ATB

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2022, 10:28:59 AM »

Thank you for all that, really interesting. I’ve been supplementing and testing mine about 7 years and with supplementation it’s 110 now, it was also 40 without it. I think she probably just wasn’t using the spray as regularly as she says and definitely does with tablets as it’s good now. Yes I get my tests privately. I think the trial of vitamin D supplements for those with certain conditions has stopped here, I think they should continue it as it is an important vitamin and most people whatever season just don’t get enough. I always wear sunblock as I’m pale so I definitely won’t get it from the sun even though I’m outside much of the day. I studied nutrition a few years ago now but that’s where I learnt about the Vit D issue.
Pages: 1 [2]