Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT or Vitamins for Fatigue  (Read 811 times)

GB

• First Flush
HRT or Vitamins for Fatigue
« on: April 24, 2022, 08:38:12 AM »

Hi

I am new to the forum. 

I am 54 years old and been on the mini pill for last 2 years to help with heavy periods and have just stopped taking following recent FSH tests which stated possible menopause symptoms - Serum follicle stimulating hormone level 113.8 u/l,  Follicular 3.8 - 8.8, ovulatory 4.5 - 22.5, luteal 1.8 - 5.1.

My problems are tiredness which vary in degrees, along with intermittent small urine leakage and all other blood results are showing as normal.  My GP has offered me HRT but I don't know if this is route I should go down or try vitamins first?  Could me coming of the mini pill increase my FSH so my menopause symptoms could increase?

Any advice or suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Zilla

• First Flush
Re: HRT or Vitamins for Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 06:41:15 PM »

hi GB, fatigue (I was often exhausted by 2pm) was one of the things that first sent me to the GP to talk about menopause / HRT, and the oestrogel helped a lot within a couple of weeks. Then again, there’s no harm in trying a vitamin regimen first for a few weeks before you decide.

The leakage is probably also meno related but you don’t necessarily need ‘full’ HRT for that - Vagifem or Ovestin may be enough.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 07:50:10 PM »

It's probably from meno. Do you have other meno symptoms? You could try vitamins but they will only help if you're short of something (vit d, b12 and iron are the obvious ones).

GB

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 12:31:36 PM »

Thank you sheila99 and Zilla for your replies and advice
Apart from moments of hotness and irritability thankfully no other menopause symptoms.
B12 and Iron tests came back as normal. 
Today I did experience all my previous period problems, without the bleed, i.e. temperature spike, feeling dizzy and faint. The mini pill stopped all these symptoms, would HRT stop them as well. I really don't want to return to this every month.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 05:41:08 PM »

Possibly not. Hrt doesn't override your own cycle the way the pill does so (assuming you're prei) you'd have a monthly bleed. Zoely and qlaira are ones recommended for early peri. I don't know if they have more oestrogen than the one you're on but might be worth investigating.

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 05:42:53 PM »

Hi

I take high dose Vitamin C, a vitamin B complex and magnesium.

I’m also on HRT but I definitely feel better.

X