Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Do I need to increase dosage?  (Read 678 times)

Meno44

Do I need to increase dosage?
« on: April 24, 2022, 08:37:04 AM »

Hi
So I started estrogel 2 pumps 4 months ago, I was getting some nausea in the evening so upped to 3 pumps and this seemed to sort it out.

I’ve recently felt that some menopausal symptoms have returned (fatigue, dry skin and mouth, aches and pains and digestive issues).

This seemed to coincide with me starting the estrogel bottles with a green square as opposed to the orange that I started on.

Should I increase to 4 pumps? I can’t speak to my GP for another 2 weeks and I  feel quite rough.

Dotty

Re: Do I need to increase dosage?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 10:30:13 AM »

Hi some ladies have noticed that using the green square bottles had brought back symptoms and do have increased the dose. It could be that your own hormones have stopped and using the green square bottle may be just a coincidence. xx

Meno44

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 11:44:42 AM »

My own hormones stopped working awhile ago, I’ve not had a period in 3/4 years.

I’m only 46 is there any truth in the younger you go through the menopause the higher the dose of HRT needs to be?….I’ve read that somewhere

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 11:59:30 AM »

It's such a malarkey these wretched bottles with their different squares etc. I only noticed a difference changing from green to yellow when I suddenly felt overdosed on oestrogen. So yes in short especially as your symptoms of dryness are soooo typical of low oestrogen. So you could try just an extra half pump first and see if that fixes it.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 08:11:15 PM »

I would try an extra half pump. I find it weaker too.