Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: John R Lee - (American - deceased) Menopause  (Read 884 times)

Booblet

John R Lee - (American - deceased) Menopause
« on: April 19, 2022, 04:54:58 PM »

Hi everyone,
Has anybody heard and follows John Lee's Menopause suggestions? Sadly he died a few yrs ago. He had wrote quite a lot of books and dedicated the The Menopause- he was walking expert in this field.

However his theory regarding hrt is to use natural Progester and estrogen in very small amounts. 🤔 I suffer from many allergies and are very sensitive to lots of medication.

So, I decided to buy the book and try this alternative hrt?
I need help: I'm taking Natural Progesterone from a pump = 20 mg per day.( recommended dose). And Ostrogen - I am using Sandrina ( from my gp) - gel 0.5 mg per day.

I originally ( from my gp) was prescribed 200 mg Progesterone  - this medication made me wired, more anxious along with Insomnia.

So, I started Natural Progesrerone- made fro Yam and reduced Sandtina gel to 0.5 per day.

I am trying to balance Progesterone and Oestrogen- and it is difficult.

At the moment I'm going through the worst pro- Menopause pmt. I do not get periods but horrendous pmt. I literally sob and feel extremely anxious, more depressed and very weepy- hence 😭. Sobbing.

Are there any other members here tgat that have adapted John Lee's methods and concepts? And, please, if anybody can give advice it would much appreciated.
With love to you all. Xxx

CrispyChick

Re: John R Lee - (American - deceased) Menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 05:19:20 PM »

Me!!!

I'm perimenopause and using (or trying to) prog only. I've not got on well with the cream, so I'm now using a troche. I've been up and down with my dose for months as lots of folks say higher dose better. So I've just stopped it all back.

I just bought a copy of Dr Lee's book and I've refocused. So I'm going up very slowly, one week at a time. I'm currently at 9mg prog troche. I've had horrific symptoms the last fortnight - but many, including John Lee, state that progesterone increases your sensitivity to estrogen at first.

I'm not taking estrogen as my levels are normal.

How are you finding it???

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 05:21:09 PM »

He does recommend saliva tests as this shows how much hormone is bioavailable.

I just ordered an estrogen and prog test for £30. Being on the troche, it might not work...

Booblet

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 05:12:23 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for you reply.
I am postmenopausal but having terrible menopausal symptoms 😢.
I am taking 0 5 mg Sandrina gel -  (from gp). I have purchased Natural Progestetone  with recommended amount of yam in.  by John Lee (company). I started on quarter teaspoon- then taking 2 x pumps of this Progesterone - have done for about 3xwks.
Still feeling awful.

However, I'm really confused as to what to do?? I'm concerned if I am taking the wrong "levels " of each?

I read about the only way to "measure " hormones is by saliva test. Can I ask you were you purchased yours from? That is definitely the nxt step.

How are you doing atm? Have you started taking any Progesterone and Oestrogen yet?
Hope you feel better soon.
 Xxx

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 06:17:10 PM »

Can I just suggest that you have a look at a thread started in 2016 called Dr John Lee? I haven't read all of it but I think it got a bit heated. I would be careful going down the route of self prescribing without having appropriate health checks especially thickness of womb if you haven't had a hysterectomy. X

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »

Hi

Yes, I bought through cerascan.

I've ajready had my bloods taken as I'm under a BHRT clinic. However, I thought Dr Lee's point on saliva demonstrating what is actually bioavailable, was useful. Hence me testing saliva too.

I am ajready taking prog. But only prog as, my estrogen is still normal (in my bloods anyway) and I'm peri.

So... The thing im finding, unfortunately, is that the low dose progesterone does stimulate my estrogen - this is documented by Dr Lee... But brushed over quite quickly. I am not having an easy time of it, but the prog has stopped my migraines and pmt so I do think I need it... I just need to wait it out.

I'm terms, of yourself, if you're low estrogen I would not think it antagonising the receptors would be a problem, since u need the estrogen.

You say you feel awful, is that a new awful, or just same as before you started the regime???

I defo think testing would be useful for you.

I see you've tried utrogestan, with no success. I'm getting anxiety at the moment and the higher dose of prog, the worse it gets. So I think trying a lower dose will help with that.

There are ladies on the 'alternatives' section of this forum who could not get on with utrogestan and, instead, are now using low doses of bioidentical prog in various forms. You might want to look at the alternatives section. X

I see someone else has posted about an old thread. I'll away and look too. Gnatty is  right though, you do need to be careful. I'm not in the same position as I'm not using estrogen. Plus, my prog is supported by my bhrt clinic who insist on yearly scans x