Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Am I 1 year or 2 in postmenopause  (Read 3641 times)

dangermouse

Re: Am I 1 year or 2 in postmenopause
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »

There can be lots of volatility post menopause for a few years, and it's that that causes the over stimulation effects you suffer with. It tends to be more dramatic in peri and then very gradually subsides over the years, and as said above, everyone is different in how long that may last.

Taking anything to support your liver will help the fluctuating hormones out of your body more smoothly.

Things have got much better for me but I had crazy fluctuations but it's an enormous relief to be off the rollercoaster!

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2022, 04:14:18 PM »

Hi dangermouse,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad you're now off the emotional rollercoaster. 

You're right.  These hormones are volatile because one minute I will feel fine and the next I will feel horrible, wanting to crying, thinking negative and feeling anxious.  As you said, every woman is different but I do hope that I won't be plagued by this emotional turmoil forever and ever.  God knows puberty was a difficult time but this is worse.

dangermouse

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2022, 05:38:37 PM »

No, once the follicles stop being stimulated by the hypothalamus demanding hormones it will all calm down.

Try to imagine it as riding the waves, as female sex hormones come in waves, knowing that the waters will soon calm down to more gentle waves before the final transition. Once you step onto that beach you will feel re-energised and refocused, replacing the fertile multi tasking brain with newly born in-depth focus on creative and, potentially, world-changing pursuits.

Lots to look forward to!

KarineT

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2022, 06:50:23 PM »

Thank you for sharing this dangermouse.  This is making me feel better.
Pages: 1 [2]