Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Are these symptoms normal? ❤  (Read 986 times)

Unicorn

Are these symptoms normal? ❤
« on: April 23, 2022, 12:30:08 PM »

I'm so sorry, it's me again 😔 I have just so many questions to ask.... I apologise for all my wittering 😁

As mentioned before, I have been on hrt for 6 weeks now, sandrena and utrogestan but for the past couple of days I have felt a bit rubbish again,  with pounding heart, nausea, tiredness, lack of motivation and feeling a bit low.  The thing I haven't had for a while now is night sweats (hurrah!).

Now today I have loose bowels (tmi sorry and not fun) and I have a lack of appetite.  I'm  so worried that I'm seriously dying sometimes 😒

Im not sure what to think anymore.... I have had these symptoms for a couple of years now, on and off so I don't think it's the hrt, or is it??  All I can think is because I'm 48 and peri (still have regularish periods) my hormones are still swinging madly.

Im so confused and scared xxx
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 12:33:30 PM by Unicorn »

Unicorn

Re: Are these symptoms normal? ❤
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 01:33:51 PM »

Please, can anyone relate? Xxxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 01:41:39 PM »

I hear and hold you and trust that those with experience will be along soonest. 🙏

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 01:41:55 PM »

Hi the symptoms are probably due to a fluctuation in your hormones and the hrt hasn’t reached a steady state in your body yet. I recognise the symptoms you are experiencing ….. for me they were due to low oestrogen. xxx

Unicorn

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2022, 01:54:03 PM »

Thanks ladies ❤ I just need reassurance that I'm not seriously ill.... I can't believe that hormones can make you feel so crappy xxx

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 02:17:35 PM »

Keep a diary and see if it corresponds to your cycle. I get loose every time I bleed usually starting 2 days before the bleed. Can you send the lack of appetite my way?   This is something I rarely experience and would help with the diet...  ;D

Unicorn

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 03:16:19 PM »

Hi Sheila! At this time I would willingly swap my appetite with yours 😁😁🥰

Im still on the utrogestan, have been on it for 6 days now of 12 so I won't have a bleed until about 4 days off it... I can't see any pattern really.  I did keep a diary of my symptoms a while back but there didn't seem to be any pattern.  At least if there was, I can prepare for it. Xxxx

ATB

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 06:03:06 PM »

I totally get it, I worried all these years I had cancer or something serious and drove myself mad. Damn the NHS for ignoring peri symptoms.

Are you taking any supplements? Is your iron or stored iron low? That can cause loose bowels sometimes. What’s your diet like?

There’s a good YouTube channel I watch that goes over all these kinds of symptoms you might not think are menopause called A Vogel and digestive issues are super common and they explain it there.

Unicorn

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »

Hi ATB 🥰

I take a Wellwoman supplement and fish oil, apart from a long term AD.  My diet isn't brilliant, but I've lost my appetite so I find it very difficult to stick to anything healthy.  My weight hasn't decreased though 😒 I think my iron is ok as it is in the supplement I take xxx

ATB

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 09:26:22 PM »

How long have you been taking that supplement? The well woman one? Could it be related, some people can’t tolerate some supplements and can affect digestion. I react to Niacin and Vit C, sometimes certain magnesium, and other B vits if too high. Just a thought.

Unicorn

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 07:55:34 AM »

Hmmmm..... I'm not sure to be honest! I took the Wellwoman years ago and it didn't affect me then but been taking it for about 18 months again.... it is a thought xxxx