Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Update x  (Read 1163 times)

Vicky81

Update x
« on: April 19, 2022, 09:48:45 AM »

Hello all

I hope you don't mind me posting again...but I had a teary call with Dr savvas from my clinic. I told him how bad and suicidal I felt over the weekend and today I've been sent hone from work as I'm teary.
He has said that I may not be absorbing the gel as I shoukd be seeing results by now.
He said I've had a withdrawal reaction to the utrogestan.
He has decided to start me on everol patches 100mg.  And to take utrogestan for 7 days next time.
I really hope yhe patches give me the peace I need.
Anyone have any experience or advice? Xxx

ATB

Re: Update x
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 10:21:20 AM »

Hi there, so sorry to hear you’re struggling so badly. Yes I much preferred the patches to the gel, and feel really good about a month on them now. I really hope this is the solution for you.

VanillaLover

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 11:16:44 AM »

I find patches great (not tried the gel). But so easy, bung on and forget.  Change twice a week. No problems with adhesion etc.

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 11:29:10 AM »

Awww thanks both! Thats cheered me up slightly

ATB- what symptoms did the patch help you with after a month? Xxx

ATB

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »

Oh I had bad anxiety, moodiness, tiredness, bloating ( still have a bit of that ), brain fog and lack of motivation. Most of it was around anxiety and panic, but probably because they’re more obvious and difficult symptoms. It was like typical peri menopause symptoms. The main reason I initially switched to patch was the gel was annoying to put on, I just couldn’t deal with the hassle and both doctor and I think I absorb it better through the patch. But I think the symptom side of things was worse because the dose was too high. So I would be aware of that and although not what you should determine dose by, I think blood tests can help a little to understand symptoms sometimes.

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 11:43:12 AM »

Awww hun! I just sent you a private message...ignore lol.

Thanks 4 replying tars really helpful.
What mg are you on? Xx

ATB

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 01:23:34 PM »

No problem! I’m on Evorel 50 patches now.

Vicky81

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 03:19:21 PM »

ATB- did the 50mg get rid of your anxiety and low mood quite quickly?, the consultant has put me on 100mg xx

Nas

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 04:10:51 PM »

Hi Vicky,
I was on the 75 mg patch and it helped lots with mood, energy and general well being.
Unfortunately I had to come off them, due to erratic bleeding which wouldn’t settle.

However, I’m going to go back on them i think and take utrogestan on a cyclical regime, as all symptoms have retuned on the 1mg oral .

I really hope that they work for you. 100mg is around that equivalent of 4 pumps of gel I think xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 05:00:59 PM »

Awww NAS thank you!!

How long did it take for your low mood to go on the patch? Did u have anxiety too?, xx

ATB

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2022, 05:57:19 PM »

Yes the anxiety has eased but it’s a long term issue brought on by this but since it’s been years it’s going to take therapy to deal with it which I’m also doing. The right dosage should ease the anxiety. And that will differ from person to person, the 50 for me might not be right for you, your dosage will be determined by you and your doctor assessing symptoms over time.

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 06:19:51 PM »

Thanks ATB so much xx