Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Zoladex injection  (Read 3319 times)

Vicky81

Zoladex injection
« on: April 18, 2022, 01:07:56 PM »

Hello all

Following on from my previous post and a chat last week with my consultant,, I have decided to opt for the zoladex injection which stops ovulation. My consultant said I would be given oestrogen along side this to take.
I have been unbelievably bad the last 3 days with suicidal thoughts, crying and anger that has come from the utrogestan I'm sure.
If anyone has any experience with this then please do let me know,
Vicky xx

Curlygirl

Re: Zoladex injection
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 02:04:47 PM »

Vicki, oh bless you, you’ve had it rough

I know nothing about  this injection but I do hope it will help you

Sending love and hugs to you ❤️

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 03:24:55 PM »

Hello Vicky81.

I don't have any experience of this unfortunately but I wanted to send my good wishes and support.

I wonder if the search facility on this forum would turn up any previous posts about the injection?

I am sure more ladies will be along soon to help you.

Take care and please let us know how you get on with your new treatment.

K.

Vicky81

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 04:04:24 PM »

Thank you both. I feel so down....more than I ever have in last 2 days. Suicidal

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 04:15:52 PM »

Thank you both. I feel so down....more than I ever have in last 2 days. Suicidal

Best to try something different then. You can’t carry on like that. Let me know how you get on ❤️

VictoryV

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »

Hi V,
Please look at the Mind website and Samaritans to talk about your feelings.
I don’t have personal experience with Zoladex but did a search on here and loads of posts come up.
I know Zoladex takes time to work, it’s not an instant fix.

What’s plan B if it doesn’t work or makes you worse? Can you take time off work and do you have health benefits with your contract?
I would not take Zoladex before doing a ton of research first. It’s a huge decision.

Good luck.x

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 05:24:12 PM »

Hi v

Yes I'm looking into it. Can't deal with these fluctuations anymore.....x

Nas

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 05:36:34 PM »

Hey Vicky,
Would It help to come off everything hormonal for a bit, just to see where things lie? 

Maybe as Victoria suggested, take some time off work to gather head space? You must be drained? Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 06:35:35 PM »

Hi nas

I can't take any more time off else stage 3!!
Thanks so much 4 your msg xxx

Nas

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 06:43:18 PM »

Stage 3? What is that, disciplinary? Surely with the support of your GP, you are permitted some time off sick?

Vicky81

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 06:57:19 PM »

Its because I had 3 months off last year....Bradford score goes up....so would be a stage 3 hearing xx

sweettooth

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 08:00:19 PM »

Just wanted to say I feel for you!  I have felt like that post vaccine! It’s all the horrific fluctuations whatever the cause! especially for those who are very sensitive!   So frightening.  I’m willing you to find an answer xxx

Postmeno3

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 08:49:22 PM »

I agree 100% with VictoriaV and Nas. Is there HR at your work? It sounds like you need to rest your body and mind for a bit to get some spaciousness around absolutely everything. I hope you have really understanding family, partner, friends to help guide you forward. 🙏

Justyna1970

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2022, 02:06:09 AM »

Hello Vicky xxx
You are not alone xxx
This happened to me.
I was on estrogel / prometrium for only 4 days.
I listened to myself and came straight off after that (thank goodness)

I started this HRT combination because I had read about it a lot on this forum and I also watched Dr Newson discuss it on YouTube, so I thought it would be amazing for me. I was wrong.
My reaction to this combination was opposite to what it must do for other women.

During those 4 days that I used this HRT my brain changed into a crazy, aggressive, violent, deranged person.
I was scared for myself and everyone around me.
I had crazy thoughts (I’m so embarrassed to say this) like I wanted to hit my husband with something because in that moment I hated him so much
My breathing became very strained (like someone was constantly squeezing my throat)
On the third night after I applied the gel and inserted the tablet I thought I was having a heart attack. I demanded that my husband drive me to the hospital ( thank god on the way there I calmed down )
I also became extremely thirsty. I was drinking and drinking but not getting rid of the fluid.
I think it took me 3 days to start to feel normal after I stopped this combination.

My opinion is just give yourself a break. I did. Nothing can go too wrong except you will slowly get your awful systems back. ( big hugs 🤗 for you )

Prior to this horrific experience on this combination (estrogel/prometrium) I was on Livial for 18 months.
I loved it for the first 6 months; then I started retaining a lot of fluid and gained so much weight. I persevered but then stopped after 18 months (I just couldn’t look at myself anymore in the mirror)

I am now on testosterone only.
For me it works. It is like I’m on Livial without the weight gain.

This is my personal experience only.

Take care Vicky xxx

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2022, 05:45:44 AM »

Jhstyna did you have the zoladex?

Xx
Pages: [1] 2