Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Peri? Post?  (Read 1300 times)

Nas

Peri? Post?
« on: April 24, 2022, 10:28:42 AM »

Trying to work out where I am in this hellish journey.
Last period, August 2018 and no further bleed or period for 27 months, even whilst on Conti HRT.

Then out of the blue, at the end of 2020/ beginning of 2021, the erratic bleeds begin whilst on patches.

If I don’t use any systemic HRT, my Oestrogen drops to non detectable
levels within a week. On a 75 patch HRT, I can get to 465 within 3 months, no VA, no dryness downstairs and libido appears ( even without vagifem). The issue is bleeding on the patch roughly every 23/27 days with pmt and cramps etc.

I’ve been on femeston Conti for 3 months and it’s done zero for me, symptoms wise.

I’ve now changed to 50 patch and utrogestan, to see if i can get away with the lower dose and no bleeding.

Can’t do cyclical utrogestan as it makes me drowsy in the morning.

Tomorrow I’m going to ask about the Mirena for progesterone.

I’m trying to work out what’s going on.
A return of periods? Or just HRT bleeding which is what menopause clinicians and gynecology are saying.

Bloods indicate post menopause levels.

KarineT

Re: Peri? Post?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 10:49:34 AM »

Hi Nas,

There's no way your periods could have come back after so long without them.
I'm wondering if this is caused by the HRT.  Is there any way you stop HRT temporarily and have your natural hormones tested?  If your natural level is below 110 pmol/l then you've reached the menopause.  I'm not on HRT and I had my hormones tested and I'm definitely postmeno as my oestrogen is well below 110 pmol/l and my periods never came back.

KarineT

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 11:47:12 AM »

Sorry Nas as you mentioned that your hormone levels suggests that you have reached the menopause.  Was it your natural homones that were tested?  Did you start HRT as soon as you had your final period or did you wait a few years before you started?  The trouble with HRT is that it mskes it difficult to see what the natural hormones are doing.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 02:39:28 PM »

Hi Karine,
Thanks for replying.

I started HRT in July 2019, so 11 months from last period.

I was on gel and utrogestan continually and didn’t bleed for 2 years 4 months in that time.

I had my first oestrogen test done within 3 months of starting HRT and it was 775. 4 months later it was 118 and kept dropping until it stayed at 88.

The gel was stopped as I wasn’t absorbing.

Once I started the patch, I rose to the 400 mark and always remain at that level whilst on a medium strength patch.

I have been off HRT twice in 3 years for a few weeks. Both times, my oestrogen levels were undetectable from a blood test.

Maybe I didn’t bleed because I wasnt absorbing the gel? Maybe the patch makes me bleed?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 04:34:16 PM by Nas »

KarineT

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 04:24:32 PM »

It might be this then    i'm what would happen iff you stopped taken the patch for a while. If you weren't bleeding on the gel the I suspect the patch is causing problems.  What are your symptoms like on the patch?

Nas

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 04:35:36 PM »

This is it Karine, symptoms are well controlled on the patch.