Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Vagirux and patches  (Read 2483 times)

Weeloz

Vagirux and patches
« on: April 18, 2022, 08:04:46 AM »

Hi does anyone use vagirux and patches at the same time . If you use Vagirux do you find
It helps
Have you had side effects
How long have you been using it

Thanks

Joaniepat

Re: Vagirux and patches
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 08:42:28 AM »

Vagirux, or any other local oestrogen treatment, can be necessary alongside systemic oestrogen. The latter does not always help with symptoms of GSM and so a local treatment going straight to the source of the problem helps. I and many others here need both.
Vagifem is necessary for me along with Ovestin on the labia. I have been using Vagifem for about four years - no side effects. I'm also using 100 mcg Estradot patch.
JP x

Floradora

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 08:51:54 AM »

Hi I use Vagirux tablets , and Ovestin as well as oral HRT. The Vagirux helps greatly as systemic HRT wasn’t enough to prevent vaginal/bladder symptoms. I’ve had no side effects from using Vagirux but it can take a long time to take effect. I use it 4-5 times a week as twice a week isn’t enough for me. I’ve been using it for about 18 months but I’ve been on HRT for nearly 10 years x

Weeloz

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 09:27:22 AM »

Thank you for the replies . I am on envrol conti patches is it ok to use vagirux along side these without the need of anything else

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 10:55:27 AM »

What sort of "anything else" were you thinking of? Depends on your symptoms I suppose. Some like to add Ovestin on the labia, or a moisturiser, or both? We are all so different 😊.
JP x

Weeloz

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 11:23:19 AM »

Yeah that's what I meant is it ok to use as these 2  alone . I get mixes up with what you need to balance estrogen oestrogen etc , just making sure patchees and vagirux are good together in their own  :)

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 11:58:17 AM »

Yes, they're fine! Vagirux won't make any difference to your systemic oestrogen levels.
JP x

Weeloz

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2022, 12:09:32 PM »

Thank you so much