Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Blood pressure readings  (Read 1863 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Blood pressure readings
« on: April 12, 2022, 01:29:39 PM »

When and how should 1 take BP readings?  We were told - B4 breakfast and the best of 3 over 15 mins..

My nephew has been told to take random tests ......... "If taken the same time every day the readings become inaccurate"  :-\

He's a bit "I know more than U do" type ........... tries to 'best' me on every topic though I haven't tried him with menopause. Yet  ;D

Curlygirl

Re: Blood pressure readings
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:13:05 PM »

We’ve just had to do at home blood pressure readings for my mum as she’s had a stroke 2 weeks ago and has high blood pressure. We were told before breakfast over 15mins to half hour and to inform the GP of the lowest of the 3 readings

Hope that helps xx

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 02:21:46 PM »

Tnx.  Certainly does help.

Is your Mum progressing well, it can be really slow for the sufferer.  Is she getting physio. etc.?

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »

Hi

Before breakfast and no hot drinks. Best of three readings taken over half an hour.

Sorry to hear about your mum curlygirl

X

Curlygirl

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 06:47:59 PM »

Tnx.  Certainly does help.

Is your Mum progressing well, it can be really slow for the sufferer.  Is she getting physio. etc.?

She’s not doing to bad at the moment. Doesn’t seem to be any improvement so far but it’s early days yet. She’s not getting any physio but I have asked the GP about it.

My mum is from that generation that just ‘gets on with it’ without making a fuss, so she doesn’t like it when people are fussing around her and trying to help and she hates it when the GP just calls in unannounced as she live around the corner

Curlygirl

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 06:48:42 PM »

Hi

Before breakfast and no hot drinks. Best of three readings taken over half an hour.

Sorry to hear about your mum curlygirl

X

Thank you Nik ❤️

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »

Tnx