Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: What do you take for digestive problems?  (Read 1422 times)

Rosie63

What do you take for digestive problems?
« on: April 15, 2022, 04:11:07 PM »

Hi ladies.  I’m really suffering with digestive problems and for those ladies out there who experience similar issues, I wondered if you could advise me what you take to try to help. I know it’s Estrogel that causes mine because when I stop using it, it goes away within a few days.  I’ve tried Windeze, Deflatine, Milk of Magnesia and Colpamin and nothing seems to help.  I drink plenty of water and walk most days and try not to eat large meals. I’m really fed up with feeling so uncomfortable ALL of the time so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Rosie63 x

Amazing grace

Re: What do you take for digestive problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:45:27 PM »

Hi Rosie63, I use estrogel and I'm plagued with strange IBS type symptoms, I know too that it's the culprit because like you when I stop it goes, I've tried almost everything to rid myself of the misery but nothing really works I rely on buscapan and a hot water bottle doesn't really shift it though, sorry not much help to you but just to let you know your not alone, have you tried other forms of hrt to see if it doesn't affect your stomach , I wanted to change from estrogel to lenzetto but reading all the posts on problems getting anything hrt I don't think it's a good time to change, what symptoms do you get? Mine seem to be lots of painful trapped gas, stomach cramps and bloating, the buscapan takes the edge of it but by no means a cure x

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 07:55:02 PM »

Thanks for replying Amazing Grace.  My symptoms are exactly the same as yours.  It’s so miserable isn’t it !  I did ask my GP if I could try Lenzetto but they said they couldn’t prescribe it and I couldn’t be bothered to fight for it ! I’m not prepared to carry on like this so will have to try to speak to the doctor again. I hope you get some relief soon 😊 x

Amazing grace

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:13:24 PM »

Hi rosie63, it is very miserable, I was also told a year ago by my gp that they couldn't prescribe lenzetto, i too at the time couldn't be bothered to fight for it, I was hoping since a year has past since I last asked they might prescribe it, but not hopeful, I used to be on patches and the stomach issues weren't so bad on them but I changed because of sticking issues, I may have to just go back to patches, sometimes the side effects on hrt are as bad as the symptoms that made us start hrt in first place, it's very frustrating, hope you find a solution when you speak to your doctor, good luck x

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 04:13:00 PM »

I read somewhere, Amazing Grace, that we have receptors in the stomach which oestrogen attaches itself too and that can cause stomach issues.  If that’s the case, I can’t imagine that anything we take is going to help that much. I think if I was in your shoes, I’d try the patches again and try to find something that gets the blighters to stick.  Think some people use Tegaderm dressings. Good luck xx

Amazing grace

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 06:17:33 PM »

Thanks Rosie63, for the information I didn't know about the estrogen receptors in the stomach, i may have to go back to patches, although even though I was better on them I've honestly never felt great on hrt, I've found the whole experience frustrating trying to find a balance without all the side effects, thanks for the tip about tegaderm dressings, I hope you find a solution to the stomach issues, best of luck x

Louise2010

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 07:07:49 PM »

Hi Rosie
I have suffered with horrible bloating and other digestive issues like you and amazinggrace. I have had to up my oestrogen. And I use oestrogel. When I was on a low dose my bloating & IBS like symptoms were much worse. But I’ve also been keeping a food diary which has helped too. So far I’ve cut back on gluten and have gluten free oats and bread and have eggs only occasionally because they were triggers. And also I have started chewing my food slower! I know it sounds ridiculous but I have only just learned that chewing your food properly till it’s really mushy really aids your tummy and intestines get the most out the food and helps them digest the food properly. I’m ashamed to say I must have been a serial wolfer of my food 🥴. Since realising I don’t actually have teeth in my stomach I’ve been focusing on this and drinking more water my digestive issues have definitely got better. I don’t want to assume you aren’t doing this but I thought I’d post because you never know it may help! Xx

Amazing grace

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 07:54:23 PM »

Hi Louise, your post is really helpful, eating too fast is definitely me, I always eat fast so maybe that's causing a problem with me, I also go long amounts of time without eating so maybe that's contributing to all my horrible trapped gas, I find it difficult to eat though when I've got stomach cramps and an awful churning stomach which I can feel and hear, I will try and eat more slowly, you say low dose made your IBS symptoms worse, Could I ask what dose that was, and what dose you are on now, thanks x