Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT practitioner recommendation  (Read 800 times)

Stella2

HRT practitioner recommendation
« on: April 14, 2022, 08:50:14 AM »

Would anyone be able to help, I noticed in one of the previous posts that it might be possible to contact dr Curry for advice. Unfortunately I can't afford going private and would just like to discuss my HRT regime and see if I need an increase. Would anyone know any practitioners with reasonable rates for consultation? There are no NHS menopause clinics in my area.

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT practitioner recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 10:44:20 AM »

Hello Stella2. Although there are no menopause clinic's in your area, you can have phone appointments. I would ask for a referral to the closest NHS menopause clinic. Like you, I could never afford to pay privately. With Dr Curry, I think she charges £30 to ask a question.

Stella2

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 11:42:28 AM »

Thank you Flossieteacake, that's very helpful. I didn't know I could get a telephone appointment with the menopause clinic. Would you maybe know how to get in touch with Dr Curry?

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 11:55:53 AM »

Here is the link for Dr Curry:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/contact.php

I speak to my menopause clinic on the phone. I find it a lot less stressful.  :)

Stella2

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 12:41:15 PM »

Thank you very much, I will try to get a referral  :)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 12:45:35 PM »

I wish you luck. You may have to be pushy but it will be so worth it.

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 01:26:33 PM »

Thank you!

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »

Have you tried your gp? Unless you're already on a high dose this is something your gp should be able to prescribe it. If you want to know if it's a good idea you could post your history, symptoms and current hrt on here, there are many knowledgeable people who should be able to help (and they don't even charge  :)).

Stella2

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 04:28:40 PM »

Thank you Sheila99, my GP suggested to change from Sandrena 1 mg to estrogen patch. I am worried about side effects, bleeding as it seems that many experience them when switching. I take also continuous Utrogestan. I have now been on this regime for 4 months, still experiencing some night sweats, not hot flushes anymore that were my worst symptoms. My breasts have been a bit tender recently and sleep not the best. I also had some heart palpitations that I haven't experienced before but they subsided, migh have been linked to stress. GP said that she would not increase Sandrena as she thinks that it's high enough and not enough space for more gel to be spread. I would be greatful for any advice regarding this, should I wait for full 6 months to see if I feel better or switch to the patch or increase Sandrena, or if this all is not linked to estrogen