Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel switching from green square to orange square  (Read 2562 times)

Gnatty

Oestrogel switching from green square to orange square
« on: April 11, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »

Just thought I would mention this - I reckon since changing my last bottle - green square to orange square I am getting a higher dose of oestrogen. Swollen tingling breasts, bit of weight gain and last night I just couldn't fall asleep. ( I read that if it's actually falling asleep that's the problem then this can point to too much oestrogen rather than too little). So annoying as I have been feeling so well. There's always something.....

Vicky81

Re: Oestrogel switching from green square to orange square
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 12:52:38 PM »

I ma getting the huge swollen breasts thing....i couldnt even jog sunday A.M..they hurt too much. Not sure if that is the Oestrogel or Utrogestan??

Anyone know? x

Uptick

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 03:06:15 PM »

Still no problems for me with green square. Now on second bottle. Beware the nonebo effect!

As you can see, it takes time to notice a difference because your body can store estradiol for quite some time. The orange square is from the 'original' manufacturer (Delpharm) and the green square is from the 'new' manufacturer (Laboratoires Besins International), and this small difference is being felt by sensitive women. The same logic applies to symptom relief, it will take some time for your body to adjust, but it will happen. Or you can adjust the dose, more in the green square, less in the orange/yellow/amber square.

Gnatty

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 05:17:26 PM »

Ha I remember saying that. But.... I honestly didn't notice anything with the green square. It's only now I am back on orange and feel like I am having more oestrogen than I need. So yes that is what I am thinking, go down a pump with this new stuff.

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »

Great input Uptick, thank you x

Opal

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »

6 months ago my doctor increased my dose to  3 pumps as my symptoms had returned I am post meno, so I have been using the 3 pumps daily since, on friday I started spotting and since have had a full on period I am being referred to Gyne by doctor however seeing this post I have just checked the pump I am using and it has the orange square, the next one I have is green so going to compare as I think I may have gotten to the bottom of my bleeding but will check it out

Uptick

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 03:34:24 PM »

Hi Opal, another thing to consider is that Covid or Covid jabs can also interfere with breakthrough bleeding and periods.

Opal

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2022, 09:48:02 AM »

Thanks Uptick

I haven't had Covid so can't blame that, and I had no problems with breakthrough bleeds when I had my vaccines last one being over 5 months ago, I had a call from the doctor on wednesday to ask what colour the bottle was as she had someone else in on Tuesday with the same problem as me and they had said about the last 2 pumps being the orange square, so she is thinking along the same lines that orange maybe a bit stronger I am now using the Green square pump so I have been advised to keep a not but I am still to go to gyne app when it comes through

Uptick

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2022, 05:51:42 PM »

Hi Opal, thanks for the update. This adds more evidence to the ongoing theory that the gels are slightly different. Anyway, I hope that's what's happening to you. Keep us posted.