Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Splitting dose  (Read 2469 times)

sweettooth

Splitting dose
« on: April 13, 2022, 08:38:28 PM »

Hi ladies,

Anyone have experience in splitting dose to from all in morning to morning and night?

I’m on 2mg tablet and find my mornings very difficult.  I take my 2mg at 9am and feel better as day goes on though by no means smooth until after 5 or 6pm.

Would it help if I took 1mg at 9am and 1mg at 9pm? Thank u

Nas

Re: Splitting dose
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 08:57:41 PM »

Hey sweet tooth, no harm in trying the split dose.

Which tablet do you take?

I’m going to try the same.. got to get more o into my body somehow, as bladder will self combust!!

Best of luck x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 09:56:32 PM »

I would expect it to level out the fluctuations a bit. No experience with tablets but I split my gel this way, many others do too (though originally because I ran out of skin).

sweettooth

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 10:03:44 PM »

Hi Nas, so sensitive to fluctuations and the 2mg (Estrogen only)suited me taking it all at once in the mornings but that was before covid vaccine and since then Iv been unstable, I did have periods of increasing and decreasing so probably taking longer to become stable again.
Tried extra and felt worse so that’s no good. Maybe it’s a matter of waiting for all to settle again I just don’t know! Drives me crazy tbh!  Had an awful morning but it improved thankfully by 5pm. Long day to suffer.  Every morning my body is so unsettled, I’m low and legs are weak (same as pre hrt) then it improves as day goes on, so that must be after my Estrogen tablet.  What a maze this is🙄

Marchlove

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 07:50:45 AM »

A thought is that somehow post vaccine your morning cortisol levels have altered. Cortisol is supposed to be high in the morning, whether yours are now too high or low is difficult to know without saliva testing.
Oral estrogen is known to alter cortisol levels to a greater degree than transdermal from what I’ve read.
So what to do, I think it would be trial and error.
You could try splitting the dose for a few days
If that doesn’t work you could try just taking it in the evening, either full or just half dose.

Do you feel able to trial this sweet tooth? xx

Gnatty

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 08:40:05 AM »

I'm trialling splitting my oestrogel dose, it's only been a few days but so far it seems ok. Maybe taking some at night will help you with the morning 'dreads'. I find if I ever get that morning cortisol/ adrenaline feeling it helps if I tell myself that's all it is and then try not to pay it any attention. It seems to go away quicker if I don't buy into it. Not sure that makes sense, but I think it helps stop me being frightened of it which is the worse thing for me as it then escalates. As Marchlove says, give it a go, but I would add that if you do decide to do it then stick it out for a while because there is could  be a bit of an adjustment period.

Floradora

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 09:20:14 AM »

Hi Sweettooth. You could certainly try splitting the dose, I used to do this. However now I take my tablet just before bed so that everything has time to metabolism overnight and so that I feel fine in the morning. I find I sleep better taking the tablet at night too as I don’t have the early morning waking any more. It might be worth a trial to see if it helps you.

sweettooth

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 09:23:33 AM »

Hi ladies thank you so much for all your lovely replies!  I’m finding it extremely difficult since vaccine, before that tablet worked a dream!
I think it’s def worth a try from what you say but might leave it just until I feel a bit stronger.  Interesting re the cortisol, after my vaccine last year my heart raced every morning for months, my body was on complete overdrive!
Sheer suffering.  I’m too afraid to switch to transdermal at present. Nightmare   :'(

sweettooth

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 09:25:41 AM »

Floradora, can I ask what strength you’re on?  I’m well post meno xx

Floradora

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 10:03:14 AM »

I’m now on 1mg conti sweettooth as I’m past meno . When I was on 2mg I used to split the dose as taking it all at once made me jittery. I actually feel much better and more stable on a lower dose now anyway. X

sweettooth

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 10:13:09 AM »

That interesting Flora!  Did you taper to get to 1mg?  Apart from feeling jittery did you have any other symptoms of too much? Sorry re all the Qs x

Floradora

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 10:34:45 AM »

No I didn’t taper sweettooth, just went straight from 2 to 1mg. On 2mg I frequently felt nausea and dizziness and just very bloated.  Took me a long time to work out that it was probably too high a dose of estrogen that was the problem.  All those side effects disappeared immediately and fortunately I didn’t get any hot flushes, night sweats etc returning after dropping to the lower dose. I do have to take vagifem/ ovestin etc and keep on top of that as 1mg doesn’t really keep the vaginal symptoms down but I’d rather do that than than have the higher dose of estrogen now . Sometimes if I get a flare up of vaginal symptoms I’m naughty and do a few days of double dose of tablets- but not often now. For me definitely a higher dose isn’t better. Unfortunately the symptoms of too much estrogen often are very similar to those of too little! So it’s just trial and error. Hope you feel better soon x

sweettooth

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 10:43:32 AM »

Thanks flora much appreciated.  I really don’t know.  I am extremely sensitive to any changes so I’d have to do it gradually.  I don’t get bloating or those things.
I will prob try either splitting the dose or taking the 2mg at night first.
Felt great b4 vaccine so maybe it’s taking time for my body to recover.  Tks again glad you are doing well xxx

Floradora

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2022, 04:37:19 PM »

If I were you I’d maybe try taking your tablet before bed. That way you can wake up with a good amount already in your system from overnight and won’t have to try and get through the day waiting to feel better. Hope you get a change that works soon x

sweettooth

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 05:53:46 PM »

Thinking same as you Flora. You’re v kind to reply, thank you!  I’d do anything to feel better it’s just awful.  I got covid to add to the mix and although the actual symptoms were not that bad, it has messed things up that were improving.  Sure is challenging!! X
Pages: [1] 2