Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT and Levothyroxine  (Read 1983 times)

Mynameistaken

• First Flush
HRT and Levothyroxine
« on: April 13, 2022, 12:28:09 PM »

Hi - I've finally managed to get hold of Utrogestan and Lenzetto spray after a bit of a delay, but have a few queries regarding taking alongside my Levothroxine...I take the Levothyroxine at bedtime and gather it's best to take the Utrogestan at night too (I'm hoping/praying it will help me to sleep!) Should I separate them by an hour or two or is it OK to take them together?  Also, do I take/apply the Lenzetto at the same time?  I'm having trouble getting hold of my GP so am hopeful that someone can give me the benefit of their experience!   Many thanks in advance, Nicky

Splendid

Re: HRT and Levothyroxine
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 06:37:25 PM »

Hi, I also have underactive thyroid and take
Levothyroxine. I tend to take my thyroxine on a morning. Is use oestrogel on the morning and utrogestan on an evening before bed. I have only been doing this for around 5 days however I have always take. Thyroxine on a morning. Hope this helps

Evie606

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 08:01:33 PM »

Hi - I've finally managed to get hold of Utrogestan and Lenzetto spray after a bit of a delay, but have a few queries regarding taking alongside my Levothroxine...I take the Levothyroxine at bedtime and gather it's best to take the Utrogestan at night too (I'm hoping/praying it will help me to sleep!) Should I separate them by an hour or two or is it OK to take them together?  Also, do I take/apply the Lenzetto at the same time?  I'm having trouble getting hold of my GP so am hopeful that someone can give me the benefit of their experience!   Many thanks in advance, Nicky

Hi,

I take my thyroxine at bedtime, progesterone (sequi regime) also. Lenzetto is at 9.30am and as I’m on T3 too, I space this out 7am, 11am and 3pm.
I seem to be doing ok with this arrangement but I’m only a few months in.

Hopefully your gp has helped with any queries.  :)

Gingercatmom

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 07:58:36 PM »

hrt can impact the absorption of thyroxine, you may need to increase your dose. I recommend having a blood test after 6 weeks

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 08:56:28 AM »

Hello Mynameistaken and welcome to the forum.

I take Levothyroxine every morning about half an hour to an hour before I have my breakfast as it has to be taken on an empty stomach. I think Utrogestan is to be taken at night about two hours after eating.

I always have a late supper and as I don't have difficulty sleeping  I came off Utrogestan and now use a pessary called Cyclogest instead.

I hope this helps you in some way.

K.

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 09:31:50 AM »

Hi Mynameistaken

I take my thyroxine in the morning as soon as I wake. x

ATB

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 07:17:37 AM »

Not on Levo, on diff thyroid meds but I also take in the morning as I was advised to.

Pixielilac

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 06:50:07 PM »

I am on thyroxine for an under active thyroid, I take thyroxine as soon as I wake up, I used to forget to take it so I now have the packet on my bedside table with a bottle of water.
I take my HRT at night.