Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Breast and joint pain  (Read 768 times)

Caroline Mackenzie

Breast and joint pain
« on: April 12, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »

Hi all,I'm 52 this month and feeling rubbish!
Main symptoms are terrible hip and joint pain and last 2 weeks constant stabbing,hot bread pain in both breasts.
Still having the odd heavy period,considering HRT but I've been avoiding it as I suffer with anxiety and usually anything hormone related can make it worse??
Is it worth trying a low dose HRT?? I'm confused by all the different options?
Other symptoms are,zero sex drive, brain fog,low mood,sugar craving,tiredness.
HELP..I feel about 90!!!😔

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Breast and joint pain
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 01:15:13 PM »

That sounds familiar  :welcomemm:

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use. 
As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains; the body may become dry: inside and out  :o do read the vaginal atrophy thread.  4wrned is 4armed.

Browse round.  Why would HRT make anxiety worse? 

Let us know how you get on.

Songbird

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 01:34:10 PM »

Hi Caroline
I can completely understand. I have always suffered from anxiety and have experienced every one of the symptoms you describe (and a few more besides!)  :o
I can’t comment on the possibility of HRT making anxiety worse for individuals - I can only tell you how it has most definitely helped me. 
At 57, I have only now decided to do something about the hellish symptoms - 3 weeks into taking a low dose oestrogen patch and progesterone tablet.  I was already taking sertraline for anxiety (this definitely improved) and oestrogen pessaries for the equally hellish vaginal atrophy.
I can honestly say that the severity of ALL of my symptoms has greatly reduced.
Hope you make the right choice for you  :bighug:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 01:50:21 PM by Songbird »

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 03:20:06 PM »

:welcomemm:
My anxiety was due to oestrogen deficiency, it went after 3 months on HRT. If yours preceded peri you may still need anxiety medication but meno can definitely make it worse. And I'm another one who's had most of your symptoms too.

Caroline Mackenzie

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 06:15:42 PM »

Thanks so much for the replies,I think I will definitely go down the hrt route if I carry on feeling like this,I am also on sertraline which has always worked but now the anxiety feels worse and out of the blue,it affects me in every way,especially digestion and eating.very glad to have found this site,it was given to me by my GP ,I'll let you know how I get on xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 07:07:48 PM »

Digestion can certainly be affected as hormones rise and fall.  Bowels; IBS; reflux .........