Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Which HRT?  (Read 659 times)

Positivelassie

• First Flush
Which HRT?
« on: April 11, 2022, 01:48:14 PM »

Hi, probably a very common question- which HRT mix to start with?

I'm late 40's with fairly regular periods, which can be heavy/light/clotty and have been for years.

I dont take any contraceptive pills at the moment but have been prescribed Norethisterone to delay periods from time to time.

I am just fed up with the bleeding, the PMS, the mood swings, the tiredness, achey joints, etc. My nurse has given me cerazette to start  (I asked for this as I wanted my periods to stop) but then I began to think I am possibly perimenopause and perhaps HRT would be better for me.

Can I take Cerazette and HRT?

Any advice gratefully received 🙏
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 01:56:33 PM by Positivelassie »

Dawnp

Re: Which HRT?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 02:53:55 PM »

Others will have a different view but you might find the Cerazette is enough for the symptoms you have at the moment. I was on it for years and it sorted my pms out. Alternatively it is possible to stay on Cerazette and have additional estrogen hrt if you need it. I would see if the Cerazette sorts you out first.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 03:29:10 PM »

Cerazette is progesterone only but meno symptoms are a result of oestrogen deficiency so IMOyyou need to add oestrogen. If you want to be bleed free in peri the usual option is a mirena with added oestrogen by patch, gel or spray. I believe it's possible to use a double dose of Cerazette for the progesterone part of hrt.

Positivelassie

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 04:15:24 PM »

Thanks to both of you for your replies 🤗

I will check if can do POP with oestregen. If this helps my knee joints, I will be one happy lassie!

I also found the "email a question" and have asked for some more advice from Dr Currie before contacting nurse/GP

Thanks again 🙏