Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gel mattress topper  (Read 1327 times)

Perinowpost

Gel mattress topper
« on: December 30, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »

Despite being on hrt patches (that I am happy with) since menopause I’ve struggled with waking up too hot in the night, this never happened pre meno I was always a cold bod.

Yesterday I treat myself to a gel mattress topper, after reading they prevented you from overheating. What a revelation I’ve just had the best nights sleep ever. Didn’t wake once, and woke at 20 to 9 in a good mood. Just wanted to share for all those who may be struggling with the same issue. I think it’s got to be gel though, not sure if an ordinary topper would do the trick xx

Gilla999

Re: Gel mattress topper
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 07:59:28 PM »

Oooh thanks for sharing.... I'm going to buy one too!

Gilla999

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:35:48 AM »

Hi Perinowpost - I've been looking for one but there are so many different types I got confused! Could you let me know which one / kind you bought? Thanks! xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »

Hi Gilla999 soz for the late reply. Mine is embossed with the word aloevera all over it. I way lucky enough to get in the sales (here in Spain where I’ve literally retired to a month ago). I know you can pay quite a bit for one so shop around, I think as long as they’re the gel ones they’re fine x

Harmony

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »

In case it's of interest, I bought a great one from Dunelm, called Gel Fusion I think. It's a mixture of memory foam and gel, the gel stops it from getting hot, and it does work. Having slept on a pure memory foam topper, there's a huge difference. I bought it nearly & years ago, and it's still as good as new. It's really comfy too, nice and soft. Money well spent! 🙂

Gilla999

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 08:34:49 AM »

Thanks very much both this is really helpful! x

Perinowpost

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »

Harmony is right it’s the gel that keeps it cool. I had a memory foam only mattress and I couldn’t cope it was so heating and gave it to my daughter. I look forward to going to bed now I love the gel topper so much, that and Netflix and I’m happy 😀 x

VictoryV

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 11:21:07 AM »

Sorry to bump an old thread, hope nobody minds.

I’m in need of a mattress topper, previously had several of differing quality but none seem to last very long before they flatten. I like the idea of a gel topper that’s discussed in this thread and wondered if the members still like the topper or whether anybody else uses it?

Or if anybody recommends a topper that is cooling? I don’t get night sweats but of course that could change!

Thanks ladies.

Perinowpost

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 11:37:49 AM »

Don’t mind at all VictoryV. Mine is still as good as the day I bought it. Hope this helps x

VictoryV

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 11:41:46 AM »

Brilliant! Thanks Perinowpost! Looks like I’ll be importing it from Spain then! ☀️

Harmony

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 10:11:31 PM »

I've just seen your posts Victoria, I haven't been on the forum for yonks! Yes, I'm still using my topper and it's still as comfy. I've been using it for 6 years now, so it's done very well. I hope you're as pleased with yours.