Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Splitting dose  (Read 2470 times)

Nas

Re: Splitting dose
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2022, 08:05:23 PM »

Good luck, sweet tooth.
I’ve never found anything so difficult to fathom as HRT to be honest.

I’m sure your body will settle over time. I’ve read about a few ladies who have experienced a return of symptoms, after the covid vaccine. Hang on in there I would!

I’m also going to trial my tablet a night time also. Anything is worth a shot, there’s no harm in experimenting.

Floradora, did the double dose of tablets fix the vaginal issues?
I’m on the 1mg Conti but struggling with a bad flare of bladder problems, despite using vagifem and ovestin.
The temptation is to take 1mg am and pm right now!

Floradora

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »

Hi Nas. Yes I find if if I do a double dose am and pm for a couple of days together with a double dose of vagifem and ovestin  etc that usually helps get on top of a flare up. I feel for you, the VA symptoms are just dreadful and hard work to keep under control. However I find the 1mg conti regime far better for everything else for me so it’s just a trade off really. Have a go with taking your tablet at night too. Anything is worth a shot and I always find that I can cope with any symptoms far better during the day rather than in a panic at 5.00am. Another plus of changing to take my tablet at night is that I rarely have to get up to pee and previously I was up twice a night! 😂

Nas

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2022, 08:59:46 PM »

Thanks Flora,
I’m having such a rough time with the bladder, it’s making me despair!
Two weeks ago, I broke up for the spring break ( I work in a school) with horrendous issues. Fast forward and I’ve still got them! Back to work Tuesday and I don’t want them then!

Took my second Conti tonight, plus vagifem x 2.
Going to do that all weekend and see what happens.

It’s pure hell.

Xx

Floradora

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2022, 09:08:22 PM »

Yes give that a go Nas as a few days of vagifem may help to get on top of things. Unfortunately worry and anxiety about bladder issues makes an irritated bladder even worse doesn’t it. I do hope you get a good sleep tonight. Maybe a nice hot water bottle and a couple of nurofen might help too. Sleep well x

Nas

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2022, 09:19:50 PM »

Thanks for being so kind flora.. really appreciate it.

Sleep well too xx ❤️

sweettooth

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2022, 08:37:14 AM »

Nas so sorry to hear you are having bladder issues on top of all this other stuff, it’s so unfair! Do u mean cystitis?  Sorry but what are your symptoms?  Can’t even enjoy your term break.  As flora says anything is worth a try.  Perhaps pro biotics would help too?
 I’m trialing 1mg this morning and 1mg tonight then maybe do my 2mg at night so that my mornings are more bearable. 

I woke this morning with awful racing heart and I’m on a high dose beta blocker since vaccine!  Sometimes feel I can’t go on but thankfully that doesn’t stay🤞
 I have found my meno symptoms worse again since having Covid 3 weeks ago, it’s never ending.  Gosh I’m so willing all of us on here struggling have better days ahead🙏🏻🙏🏻 Xx

Nas

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2022, 09:02:22 AM »

Hi sweettooth,
It’s a hideous journey isn’t it?

I was a member of a Facebook menopause group and there were a few ladies on the oestrogen tablet with a history of BC ( did you mention you had a diagnosis at some point ? Apologies if not 🤦‍♀️)
Anyway, they all reported a return of symptoms following the covid vaccine. It took them a while to feel better again, but it happened. Hang on in there! I feel sure you will improve, give it time. Do you take propranolol? It can be good for a racing heart.

My bladder has been very irritated, weeks into starting the 1mg tablet. It’s not cystitis, but a general “ irritated” feeling with frequent need to wee. Stinging a bit now too 🤦‍♀️
I’ve got some meds to pick up tomorrow to hopefully calm it down a bit. I had it pre Hrt but my patch and vagifem sorted it.

I came off the patch due to bleeding ( but don’t know if Its period or hormones causing it, another dilemma!!)

Anyway, enough of my woes.
Really hope you feel better soon sweet, none of us deserve this hell xxx

sweettooth

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2022, 10:05:04 AM »

Hi Nas,
Do you feel mood etc better on tablet Estrogen?  Glad you at least have meds to pick up to help it! I’m sure it will settle, I’m thinking of you.
Yes Nas I do have bc history, this is another scale, I’m sure you would agree.
 I was starting to see improvements Nas since being affected by jab but then got Covid almost 3 weeks ago and hormones bad again.  I am on high dose proprananol since vaccine.  Yes I am clinging on like so many lovely ladies on here yourself included.  Let us know how your treatment goes🤞🤞

Nas

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2022, 12:40:53 PM »

Hey sweet, yes I think mood is stable on the tablet.
I prefer it to the patch as no sticky marks on bum or worry of them peeling off etc. If only I could get the dose right! 2mg is a bit high for me, but I reckon 1.5 would do the job. Now to work out how to get the extra 0.5mg as they only come in 1/2mg tablets. I don’t have a review for a few weeks, so may have to wait and persevere with 1mg for now.

Having a BC history has really made the whole treatment of meno doubly hard in truth. It’s been a constant battle to be heard!

Wishing you well too xx

sweettooth

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2022, 04:27:04 PM »

Nas if u do decide to do 1.5 just get a pill cutter and cut 1mg in half.  Take care x
Pages: 1 [2]