Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Second half of cycle on HRT not great  (Read 781 times)

IceLolly

Second half of cycle on HRT not great
« on: April 11, 2022, 12:10:13 PM »

Hi, I started Elleste Duet 1mg 2 months ago. The first month was great, both first and send halves of cycle. This month though, everything is great while I'm on the oestrogen tablets, then as soon as I move on to the white progresterone tabs, I get varying symptoms from dizziness, bad crying spells again, tiredness, aches and pains and just flat, low mood. Doctors surgery are rubbish, can't even get a GP telephone appointment for a month. Has anyone else had this?

Ches15

Re: Second half of cycle on HRT not great
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 06:52:40 AM »

Hi,
I’ve tried estrogel and utrogeston and now i’m on Evorel sequi. In my experience the second half is where i lose my energy and feel tired and a bit flat. I’m also constantly hungry in them 2 weeks which isn’t ideal!
I don’t know if it’s just some people are more sensitive to progesterone than others but I just put up with it as it’s better than feeling lousy the whole month through! :)

Turkish delight

Re: Second half of cycle on HRT not great
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 08:29:29 AM »

Same,

I've been extremely tearful, had bad mood swings, fed up, and the rest. It seems to affect me a bit worse with every month so that it's becoming a major issue.

Progesterone intolerance is a real thing. I'm at odds as to what to do about it bcz not only does it make me feel crappy for 14 days, it affects my poor long-suffering and gentle husband who has to live with jekyll and hyde.